Thread: LT1 24x swap: Knock sensor sensitivity per cylinder?

Potential Tuner

LT1 24x swap: Knock sensor sensitivity per cylinder?

Have an 0411 computer on a 96 LT1. Originally was using the 96 knock sensor with the knock sensor tables that were already in the 0411 computer we are using from a truck, which was setup for 2 sensors and basically all cylinders have close to the same sensitivity, especially at higher RPM. In order to feel more confident in the knock sensor tables, I switched to a knock sensor from a 2002 Express van 5.7 so I could use the knock sensor data directly from the Express Van file which uses a single sensor threaded into the block just like the LT1. After swapping sensors and tables I am seeing more knock than I was before at high RPMs, which doesn't go away when I pull timing and add fuel.

Here's what I'm wondering. Due to being a single sensor on the side of the block, the express van knock sensor table has varying sensitivity on each cylinder, I would assume with those being farther away from the sensor having higher sensitivity. When doing a 24x LT1 swap, the injector and coil wires get swapped on 7&4 and 3&2 to match the firing order, which requires us to change the bank assignments for closed loop fueling. With that in mind, does it make sense that I should be swapping the data around for those cylinders in the knock sensor table as well? The obvious answer seems like yes, but I haven't had a chance to experiment with it yet.

Also in the knock table, the cylinders are numbered as 0 through 7. So I would assume 0 actually is cylinder 1, and 7 is cylinder 8 etc. But does anybody know for sure if the cylinder order in that table is referring to the cylinders' physical numbering, or if the numbers refer to their sequence in the firing order?

Pictures attached of the original knock sensor table that was in the 0411 when I got it, and the Express Van table that should match the sensor setup I am now using, but trying to figure out how to rearrange.

0411 Knock.jpg02Express Knock.jpg
    Last edited by chevyguy3; 09-02-2016 at 09:16 AM.