Thread: Someone want to take quick look at my tune and log, anytips? thank you

Someone want to take quick look at my tune and log, anytips? thank you

I have a 2006 GMC Sierra Crew Cab, High flow intake filter, with cut out bottom housing on intake to turn it into a CIA, with PVC Piping for intake tubing (helps).
    Super 44 Muffler where stock muffler was, with a turn down echo tip.
    I have provided the tune file and the log from this morning. Seem to notice I have some KR. The tune woke my truck up alot, and gave it good amount more power... But it loves fuel now, and im running Supreme aka Premium. Any tips I should do to the tune, oh and I will be installing some headers within next few days. Thank you to all in advance!
    9-1-16 To Starbucks Log.hpl
    2006 GMC Sierra 5.3 9-1-16.hpt

I didn't seen any knock when you were deep into the throttle. Low load random cruising knock isn't something I worry about, it was less than 2 degree's if I saw it right.

Your foot is controling MPG's, I don't see anything in the tune that is going to make it use a ton more fuel.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    I agree with 5FDP, it only got to 1* and was only 2 knocks in a single spot. You could stand for some more fuel tuning but without a wideband you might to be able to get much closer. When you install the headers it would be a good time to do fuel tuning again.

BTW how was Starbucks?

You guys are awesome, thank you for the quick response.
    I also forgot to mention my tires are 305/30/26. So that helps eat fuel too.
    I was hoping to hear something like that, saying its pretty close to what I can get without a wideband, I should be getting a wideband soon.
    My buddy said he thinks the tune is running a little rich, so I was hoping the headers will help on that, and also I want to do wideband along with the headers when I install them, that should get me real close.
    Oh and I forgot to mention, it has a high rev when started, Idk why. It does it worst when cold, sometimes up to 2,500 rpms with start up and slowly idles down. Any ideas on that note? Thank you.
    @jglassmaker, Lmao, it was ok, wasnt the greatest this round haha.
    @5FDP, I know you know your stuff big time, I love hearing your inputs haha.
    Thanks again guys.

Really dirty throttle body or vacuum leak when cold?

Just guesses there, I've seen vacuum leaks go away when the plastic/metal expands to seal the leak.

If you have a smoke machine handy or a fog machine you could cap the throttle body with a rubber glove or sealing cap (some smoke machines come with caps) and send the smoke/fog through the brake booster line into the intake manifold or another vacuum line source, then watch for leaks on a cold engine.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I thought about that, but it only does it will the tune. I can flash it with the stock tune and it will not do that when starting, only with the tune. Which is weird.

Potential Tuner
    Did you adjust the base idle airflow table between tune files?
    Also make sure you do a good job installing the wideband - it is important to get accurate readings. Things like installing far enough down-stream, proper wiring, checking ground offset and if possible changing the AFR range settings to get better resolution - just a few things I know can get missed.

They are still stock, I compared them to my old 2006 sierra file.

Some of the timing tables were changed. I wonder if changing the cat lightoff table back to stock would do anything. It says it's a start up timing multiplier table based off coolant temp.