Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sudden P1120, P1220 and P1516 at start attempt

Advanced Tuner
    BTW I had a look at your car on the blog - very pretty...

-D
    99 TA, Texas Speed LS376, PRC heads, 233/239 cam, Fast 92mm, 95mm TB, card style MAF, Tick TR6060, Strange 4.11 12 bolt axle & clutchpack diff, Strano springs/dampers, Vette 18" wheels, Vette disks, CTS-V calipers, 16lb flywheel, long tube headers, no cats.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bson View Post
    Thank you dermotw for your valuable feedback. I really appreciate that you take your time to look at my tune. I'm new to HP Tuners and LS1 engines (as you probably have noticed) but I'm a quick learner ;-).

I read somewhere on the net that by setting MAF Frequency Fail to 0Hz and P0103 to SES Enabled and No MIL Light would force it to SD mode. I thought these setting meant that the error is reported to the ECU but the lamp on the dash didn't came on. I must admit I'm not sure how these different setting really work. This is what I read: https://www.hptuners.com/help/index....ngdiag_dtc.htm

Anyhow, I had some break through yesterday. I measured the TPS level for rest and idle position on a stock LS1 tb. These levels were 1V and .4V while the 87mm tb had 1.5 and .68V. I pulled down TP1 against ground (low ref) and TP2 against +5V ref with two 4.7kOhm resistor to imitate the stock tb. And boom, it started and ran right away!

One observation I did (before putting in the resistors) was that TPS at rest was as high as 29% and between 15 and 18% at idle pos. There is a parameter Max Idle Pos which is set to 19.55%. Could that possibly have anything to do with this?

The resistors is not a solution but rather an interesting test. Now I realized that this 87mm truck tb is simply not compatible with the Corvette -98 TAC module. I've been in contact with Torque Rush regarding their X-Link product and they confirmed that this incompatibility is true and that they at the moment don't have any solution for this setup. So next step would be to build an interface emulating the TPS levels I have from an LS1 tb.