Thread: VE/MAF only tuning setup??

VE/MAF only tuning setup??

So I have two points of reference for setting up a VVE/MAF Only tune.. The Tuning School GM Beginner/Intermediate and the Lasota Racing Ultimate GM EFI Tuning Guide for HP Tuners(Which I just received two days ago..). My questions are... When doing a Low-Partial Throttle Tune....Lasota states you should disable LTFT under Engine>Fuel>Open/Closed Loop>LTFT> and this is where it gets tricky...

First... I don't have an LTFT Enable/Disable menu to choose from... However, I do have a Temp Enable/Disable Parameter....

So part 1 of my question... Would setting this to a high value like 250*F disable LTFT...

Part 2 of my question... Is this necessary for a proper LTFT adjustment to the VVE and MAF tables.

Part 3.... None of this is mentioned in The Tuning School Guide....So which one is correct...or are both methods correct....

Or, should I just disable LTFT Learn in the VCM Scanner Controls and Special Function after resetting LTFT's?

Furthermore, Lasota's Guide states that STFT should also be disabled for VVE and MAF tuning... and I don't see ANY STFT tabs in the VCM Editor... Not Enable/Disable, Temp Enable/Disable...Etc...
    The reason I ask is because I seem to be chasing my tail with my LTFT's and AFR's on both my 06 Silverado 6.0L and my 14 Camaro 3.6L V6 M6

Any advice would be helpful....
    Screenshots of the books and the actual tune files below showing Open/Closed Loop Tabs from each vehicle..

Scan4.jpg Scan3.jpg Scan2.jpg

Capture14.PNG Capture13.PNG
    Last edited by Jggregory99; 09-01-2016 at 09:00 AM.

Read your other thread, someone posted in it.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tks...