Thread: Looking for a tune for my Lq9 swap

Potential Tuner

Looking for a tune for my Lq9 swap

Have a built forged bottoms iron block swap in my 1998 Camaro... Fast 102 intake ls7 injectors ported 243 heads long tub headers cam is .604" / .604" lift and 232 / 234 duration at .050" with a 112 lobe separation and 108 intake center line manual trans... Help needed finding a tune for it

It's going to be fully custom, there won't be a tune you can just plop in there.

I suggest upgrading the OS on that 98 computer if you can too, use a 01-02 OS to make life a little better. Plug in the info for the larger engine, injector info, delete any related codes and start re-tuning the idle and VE and MAF curves. Going to be a somewhat long process to dial everything in.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Sorry im completely new to this whats an OS??? an how do i up grade it ???? Sounds like ill ne doing a completely data logging an tune can you help me with how this process is done? with email tunes

You have a lot of reading ahead of you if you wish to learn how to tune. Tuning a very modded engine is going to make things like 5x harder.

OS = operating system. The 98-99 computer OS's aren't the best, they became better as tech got better and they improved a lot in the 01+ years.

I don't do email tunes, sorry. That is just a personal choice of not wanting to be responsible for anything. I'm okay with offering advise or my opinion if I think I can help but that's about it. If you have tons of time to burn with hours of reading and learning how the engine works then it's great that you want to learn it, just know it won't come easy. If this is something you don't feel comfortable doing, then I suggest a dyno tune or taking some classes on tuning.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    thanks for the honesty man... The problem I have is that I don't live in American an there is no dyno tuning shop in the country I live in so I was told to get this hptuner an I can find a tuner that can send me an email tune to get the car running to its best shape by just send him the specs an a data log of the car now because I am far from a tuner... The tune respiratory isn't that much of a help niether

Potential Tuner
    ?????

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    It's going to be fully custom, there won't be a tune you can just plop in there.

I suggest upgrading the OS on that 98 computer if you can too, use a 01-02 OS to make life a little better. Plug in the info for the larger engine, injector info, delete any related codes and start re-tuning the idle and VE and MAF curves. Going to be a somewhat long process to dial everything in.
    So your advise to him is to put a 01-02 OS in a 98 PCM?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cashlsx View Post
    thanks for the honesty man... The problem I have is that I don't live in American an there is no dyno tuning shop in the country I live in so I was told to get this hptuner an I can find a tuner that can send me an email tune to get the car running to its best shape by just send him the specs an a data log of the car now because I am far from a tuner... The tune respiratory isn't that much of a help niether
    Check out http://www.lsxpowertuning.com/index.html

It won't be free but Lorenz will fix you up. He email and remote tunes all over the world.

If it's possible, yes. Can be done with 99 truck computers but from the way you always like to answer things it seems that LS1 computers from 98-99 can't do that. No secondary VE tables, faster 411 computers, more detailed tables in the newer OS's.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 09-01-2016 at 09:10 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks I will try him first thing in the morning