Thread: 2012 Camaro SD tune thought there would be a 3bar option in OS, MAP RUNS OUT

Potential Tuner

2012 Camaro SD tune thought there would be a 3bar option in OS, MAP RUNS OUT

2012 Camaro, LSX, F1A Procharged, Methanol injection. Changed operating systems, but only found 2 bar option, using a ZL1 map sensor #12592525, the main reason i switched to SD is because the MAF was maxed out at 4,800 RPM. Now the Map runs out at 5,600 RPM, any suggestions, can I change the "Map sensor linear value" to cheat? Went from 540 RWHP to 720 RWHP with SD tune, just trying to keep it from going rich at the top.

Thanks,
    Jeff Jacobsen

Not sure I understand the problem. If you are tuning using a Speed Density Strategy, then just insert the 312.5 and -11.5 new map scalar, set DTC p010-0103 to fail on first error and MAF Frequency Fail High to 1. Do not need the enhanced OS.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the info, just confused how to control the fueling from 175 to 200 KPA, my VE chart stops at 175, on the datalogs i'm getting close to 200 KPA. The fueling gets off after 175, AFR drops to 9.76.

You can change the axis in the VVE table. see attached. Click on the map label and a box will appear. click default and you will see 3 options appear. click the 3rd (3bar) and the axis on you table will update to the 3 bar range. I would also go to a ZL1 tune and copy the Dynamic RPM and Map zone boundaries to shift up into the boost area a bit. This will change the look of the zones in your VVE table.

Ed M
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available

[email protected]

Potential Tuner
    Thanks a lot, I will try that
    Jeff

If you're running the stock OS then do as Ed suggested

If you're running the upgraded "2 bar" OS, then open the VE tables, click on the MAP axis, and change the headers to whatever you want them to be. They will go up to 255kpa if memory serves. They only go to 175kpa by default but can be changed up to 2.5 bar despite the "2 bar" name of the OS upgrade.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    If you're running the stock OS then do as Ed suggested

If you're running the upgraded "2 bar" OS, then open the VE tables, click on the MAP axis, and change the headers to whatever you want them to be. They will go up to 255kpa if memory serves. They only go to 175kpa by default but can be changed up to 2.5 bar despite the "2 bar" name of the OS upgrade.
    After reading this last night i had a bit of a play with my V3 editor to see if i could change the map axis headers (i'm running the 2 bar OS and have applied it) and it wouldn't let me?

Currently mine is set to the standard 175kpa, is this enough for up to 10psi of boost?

My VVE scanner is not probs, change it to whatever.

Hopefully i'm not thread hijacking from the OP.

Post the tune. 175kpa is in the 11-12 psi range.. so might squeeze by
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

You can change the values of the 33 columns as you wish. Update the axis table when you click on the label MAP then close the box and close the ve table then reopen the VE Open and it will be changed

My other point is you really don't need to use the enhanced 2 Bar OS if tuning/running in Speed Density

Ed M

[email protected]

Tuner
    Sorry to the OP if this is off topic.

Tune and log attached, running pure SD, no maf fitted to car, turbo with hopefully about 7psi max boost at present (never ran into boost yet as not ready), aftermarket cam.

I've been tinkering along with getting the idle correct (near there now) and was reading up on the VE tables before i started to dabble with them (got a lean spot just around 1500 to 2000 rpm via wideband).

Want to make sure i have the tables correct so as when i start to mod them i don't run out like the OP.