Thread: Super Rich

Tuner in Training

Super Rich

So, I put exhaust on the 2002 5.3 today. Its been running in the shop on open manfolds somewhat good. Today I installed downpipes and mufflers with an H pipe and dumps just before the axle.

Now the truck is running super rich. As in barely idles. Should exhaust have made such a drastic difference?

How do I upload my scan and tune s you guys can see whats going on?

Thanks,

Jason

Did you plug the o2 sensors back in?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I am such an idiot some times...(most times actually). You ready for this................................

I forgot to clear the DTC's before I had exhaust and was getting al kinds of codes because the O2 sensors weren't plugged in. Cleared them out and drove around for 10 minutes and it runs like a scalded ape.

Tuner in Training
    NM, back to running like crap.

Use the advanced reply and you can add the tune and logs from there.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    So, it appears the O2 sensors were wire backwards. This dude jacked my harness pretty bad. I disconnected bank one o2's and as still getting a reading. Ill re wire in the morning and re test.

Tuner in Training
    Here is my tune and lates log with Bank 1 O2 completely unhooked from the truck. Notice I am still getting readings from bank 1.
    bad tune (1).hplDrivers side o2 disconected.hpl

450ish mv is the default number it goes too when the sensor is unplugged, that is completely normal.

I would be looking at wiring problems or a dead o2 sensor for why bank 2 is reading really bad.

Your tune file didn't post in your last reply, try to upload it again. Also see if you can add knock retard and injectors information in the scans, it will be helpful when you get things straight and do full throttle runs.

Tuner in Training
    Here is the latest run after fixing the wiring issue. This was cruising down the highway.

highway run.hpl

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    put a wideband in, i would not rely on 14 year old NB

run it OL
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

I don't understand why so many do not like closed loop, it's just fine for an everyday driver.

The scan file looked alright to me, it seems to be running fine with nothing that jumped out. Once you put the headers on you will want to wideband tune it to correct the VE table and MAF curve for the changes being made to the engine.