Thread: Sudden OL - Accel condition likely causing cam surge feel

Potential Tuner

Sudden OL - Accel condition likely causing cam surge feel

'04 Z06 w/ MS4 cam (239/242 .649/.610 111.5 LSA)
    Long tubes, no cats

Wideband installed as EGR sensor (10-20 afr)

@ 8:57
    @ 6:12
    @ 19:08
    @ 27:25

These are all times when suddenly the system goes from CL - Normal to OL - Accel with little to know throttle input and is what I can feel as sudden and massive cam surge. Can't figure out how to fix and searching this issue has resulted in nothing so far.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

long11.hpl
    VCM Scanner.cfg
    mine base 2.3.hpt

Potential Tuner
    I thought maybe it was DFCO but from researching it is supposed to make the inject pulse go to almost 0, which isn't happening.... I'm still trying to find other logs to compare and see if it is normal or not.

Potential Tuner
    Still no luck figuring this out and nobody seems to have any ideas. I am going to keep tuning the rest of the car for now.
    Anybody know someone I could try calling about this issue?

Advanced Tuner
    Are u sure this is not e.g. some test routine such as the COT or EGR testing? (more likely COT).

EDIT: Ok, I looked, your COT is off, EGR isn't though, the diags just set high.

kr D.
    Last edited by dermotw; 09-02-2016 at 06:33 AM.
    99 TA, Texas Speed LS376, PRC heads, 233/239 cam, Fast 92mm, 95mm TB, card style MAF, Tick TR6060, Strange 4.11 12 bolt axle & clutchpack diff, Strano springs/dampers, Vette 18" wheels, Vette disks, CTS-V calipers, 16lb flywheel, long tube headers, no cats.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dermotw View Post
    Are u sure this is not e.g. some test routine such as the COT or EGR testing? (more likely COT).

EDIT: Ok, I looked, your COT is off, EGR isn't though, the diags just set high.

kr D.
    You are correct on all accounts there and thanks for the ideas... C5s normally don't have an EGR but I enabled it because I am using that input for the wideband. I will dig through my logs before the EGR was enabled and used as a wideband.

Potential Tuner
    It is a little more difficult to spot in my older logs but it is still there before the EGR was enabled. The old logs are not as easy to spot the issue because it flips back to CL - Normal much faster so the fuel trims don't get crazy off and snap back to normal.

I also noticed that these sudden OL - Accel times with little to no throttle do not modify the commanded AFR....