Thread: New guy trying to tune

New guy trying to tune

Ok guys I have been trying to get a hang of tuning(personal vehicle only). I have read almost every single article I can find to learn to tune SD, I also have the tuning school books, I have read till my head hurts. I am hoping someone can help and offer insight into what I am doing wrong. ill post a screen shot of what my VE table will look like if I use the guide for tuning the VE. here is a list of my questions.

1. How do you tune the VE when driving steady and you never get into boost?
    2. I have 105lb bosch injectors, If I set my flow/kpa table to reflect the larger injectors the truck will not run? Ill post my tune so you can see how I have the injectors set just to get the truck to run.
    3. after the truck is hot(and ive been driving for awhile), the truck dies when you let off the throttle(pulling into a parking spot for instance).
    4. as I get close to boost(2-6 In/HG) the truck falls on its face and feels very doggy, once you get to 0 and up it clears up and takes off.

Thanks for all the help you guys provide to new people!!

Attached Files Attached Files

The tune is still setup for SD tuning

Base pressure is 55psi

Is something up with the wideband?

I only see it reading less than 5 afr the whole time.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

The actual gauges functions properly, from what I can tell. Maybe I have it configured wrong in HP? Something else I forgot about, when I decel the tuck(according to the gauge) pegs the afr gauge 18:1 and after I've been driving for awhile it idles pegging the afr gauge also full lean
    Last edited by JHForman; 08-31-2016 at 03:41 PM.

Ok afr sensor is fixed, it was set as the wrong sensor. So now onto the other questions? I'd really like to have it run with the injector information correct. And would still like to know about the VE without getting into boost
    Last edited by JHForman; 08-31-2016 at 05:28 PM.

Still looking for some help