Thread: C5 vette w/ Ls2 intake & TB gets P1514 dtc under hard WOT (power reduce mode)

C5 vette w/ Ls2 intake & TB gets P1514 dtc under hard WOT (power reduce mode)

Hey guys,

I am tuning (speed density) a C5 vette with a cam, heads, headers and the guy had a High rise intake on it and then decided to go to a stock LS2 intake & TB (silver blade). Car ran strong before with the high rise with no issues. Now with the new intake i had to add quite a bit of fuel to get it running and now at 1st or 2nd gear WOT it triggers the P1514 DTC (Airflow to TP Sensor Correlation High) and goes into Limp mode. Anyone else ever experienced this? Ive pulled the intake and even sprayed it down for vacuum leaks and i cant find one.

I have attached the tune & the scan with Config. The scan you will see it go into limp a few times and then if i take the rpm high enough i can actually do a pull without issues.

thanks for the help.

tps issue.hpl

Tune.hpt

SD Config.cfg

Holy blubber nuggets, why are the VE table numbers so crazy high on a NA engine?

Not that you are having issues in SD but P0103 should be set to first error too because you set the fail high to zero.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I know!!! There's clearly an issue Bc I had to scale the VE ridiculous after the ls2 intake was put on. When it was on high rise it was way more realistic.

I'd maybe even want to upgrade to the speed density enhanced OS for that computer, that will make that secondary VE table go away. Then kind of start over with the VE and see how it reacts.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Something is wayyy wrong with those VE tables, can't be true..

Also the injector data seems different - I'd expect it to be different to e.g. my 36lbs/LS376, but it seems to be a lot different, and higher/bigger inj?

EDIT: ...and idle airflow at 14.5..? again, seems too high??
    Last edited by dermotw; 08-31-2016 at 03:51 AM.
    99 TA, Texas Speed LS376, PRC heads, 233/239 cam, Fast 92mm, 95mm TB, card style MAF, Tick TR6060, Strange 4.11 12 bolt axle & clutchpack diff, Strano springs/dampers, Vette 18" wheels, Vette disks, CTS-V calipers, 16lb flywheel, long tube headers, no cats.

The car "had" 42# injectors with the high rise. Now if for any reason when he sold the car and the other guy put it back together accidentally put the stockers back in, that could be where the issue is I suppose

Well that was it! Injectors weren't what they said they were. Scaled the IFR back to stock & adjusted the VE. And runs like a champ!