Thread: Stalling out when accelerating

Tuner in Training

Stalling out when accelerating

Can't get past 40% TPS and RPM falls immediately and engine stalls out. I can keep it running but it's like it's hitting the rev limiter or something.
    I've attached the scan & tune file.
    Any ideas?
    2015 camaro.hpt
    stalling out.hpl

Are there any DTC's? You are stuck in OL/Acceleration? I would change the Min/Max LTFT values to 1.0 if you want them to be essentially null. 0 is super lean.....

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Nope. CEL never came on. I didn't check for codes. I was shocked it was doing that. i barely made it back home.

Advanced Tuner
    this is strange, nothing noticeable in your tune file. I noticed that your in closed loop as your O2s are swinging but your not commanding lambda. it commanding .99 I didn't even know that was possible and I doubt that has anything to do with your problem. with all my open loop setting stock from the factory it only goes to .99 steadily when im in open loop.
    2010 CTS-V A6, Airaid CAI, 2.4 pulley, ported ls7 throttle body, ID850s, ARH 1-7/8" headers and X pipe, TR7IX plugs, MSD wires, Elite catch can, ZL1 lid and Track Attack HX

Tuner in Training
    These are some good observations guys. Thanks for your help.
    So how do I get back in closed loop? Is there a way to reset the system? Or what items should I check first?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by JBZ View Post
    this is strange, nothing noticeable in your tune file. I noticed that your in closed loop as your O2s are swinging but your not commanding lambda. it commanding .99 I didn't even know that was possible and I doubt that has anything to do with your problem. with all my open loop setting stock from the factory it only goes to .99 steadily when im in open loop.
    You said closed loop in the first part of your response. You meant open loop right?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mr08353 View Post
    These are some good observations guys. Thanks for your help.
    So how do I get back in closed loop? Is there a way to reset the system? Or what items should I check first?
    im pretty sure you are in closed loop otherwise your o2s would not be switching. interesting thing to is that right at or before it dies at the end of your log in the OP your WB goes pretty lean and I think it cuts so after that as everything falls of its back and forth between rich and lean. im sure that doesn't mean anything as it looks like there is a fuel or spark cut off. something funky is happening.

what are your mods?
    2010 CTS-V A6, Airaid CAI, 2.4 pulley, ported ls7 throttle body, ID850s, ARH 1-7/8" headers and X pipe, TR7IX plugs, MSD wires, Elite catch can, ZL1 lid and Track Attack HX

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mr08353 View Post
    You said closed loop in the first part of your response. You meant open loop right?
    no...your O2s are switching, but ive never found a way to change the switching from Lambda other then changing the stoich table. and it looks stock from what I can tell and no flex fuel sensor...so it should be 1 not .99 and that's just an observation. not that it matters.

another observation is that your power enrichment table goes pretty rich then leans out....is that normal for NA?

Tuner in Training
    im pretty sure you are in closed loop otherwise your o2s would not be switching. interesting thing to is that right at or before it dies at the end of your log in the OP your WB goes pretty lean and I think it cuts so after that as everything falls of its back and forth between rich and lean. im sure that doesn't mean anything as it looks like there is a fuel or spark cut off. something funky is happening.

what are your mods?
    Cam motion LLSR 236/244 w/ Trick Flow heads, Rotfab CAI, ported TB, Gwatney radius rods, 1 7/8LT, 10% UD pulley

He is in Open Loop/Acceleration (check out his log/channel) which is WOT/PE (load) or decel? That is why I would like to see him return his LTFT Min/Max to 1.0 instead of the 0's he has set them to. Could be some hidden software "agenda" we are not aware of trigger by this way out of range values.

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 08-30-2016 at 11:56 AM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    He is in Open Loop/Acceleration (check out his log/channel) which is WOT/PE (load) or decel? That is why I would like to see him return his LTFT Min/Max to 1.0 instead of the 0's he has set them to. Could be some hidden software "agenda" we are not aware of trigger by this way out of range values.

Ed M
    I didn't even notice that, skimmed right over it. just looking at the log it appeared to be swinging normally

Tuner in Training
    I didn't even notice that, skimmed right over it. just looking at the log it appeared to be swinging normally
    How can you tell? What numbers are you referring to?

Tuner in Training
    Got it. It was a grounding issue when I hooked up my WB.
    Engine is running great but now I'm confused about how to ground this WB without it screwing things up.
    Anybody have a proven ground point or configuration that they would like to share?
    Thanks in advance...

Advanced Tuner
    Most of what i see is to get as close to the source that the pcm uses as possilbe and im pretty sure that is dirrecty to the battery rather than to a body panel. I think that ls the best solution for as small of a ground offset as possilbe next to using an canbus compatable wb.

Tuner in Training
    Most of what i see is to get as close to the source that the pcm uses as possilbe and im pretty sure that is dirrecty to the battery rather than to a body panel. I think that ls the best solution for as small of a ground offset as possilbe next to using an canbus compatable wb.
    Doggone. Battery is in the trunk though.