Thread: Knock retard on acceleration

Tuner in Training

Knock retard on acceleration

I just recently installed a new intake on my C5 and hooked the laptop up on my drive to work to see how much my fuel trims are off and I noticed some odd things. There are occasions where I accelerate in a normal fashion from a stop and the ecu starts pulling timing (knock retard not burst knock) while I'm letting out the clutch ~1100 rpm's it will pull anywhere between .5 degrees timing and 14 degrees timing. It does not pull timing when starting from a stop consistently it is completely random.

One other thing that I noticed during the one WOT pull I did was that the car would pull timing showing knock retard in between gears. Not sure if this is related or not.

Any suggestions as to what it could be? Could an o2 sensor tapping the tunnel plate show up as knock, last time I was under there i noticed the bank 1 sensor was really close to touching the tunnel plate.

edit: I will post up a log after work tonight showing what I am talking about
    Last edited by Jungy; 08-29-2016 at 10:38 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Well this must have been a fluke situation. I've been re-tuning my VE tables in open loop SD and I have yet to run into any knock issues again.