Thread: WILL PE ENABLE WORK NOW? E38 ecu

Tuner in Training

WILL PE ENABLE WORK NOW? E38 ecu

car is a 2010 ve r8, engine is 427 with big cam etc, car starts of rich then goes lean as is gets up in the revs. when I checked the tune I see there is no pe table( all zeroed out)
    in the second tune I think I have now enabled it but not 100% sure, if possible could somebody check it for me before I load it in and see if it will operate.ENABLE PE.hptBASE TUNE.hpt

Tuner
    Not sure what tune your talking about, all I see was the TPS activation zeroe'd. In the enable tune it is better, if naturally aspirated you could probably drop the ramp in rate a little from 2 to 1.1-1.2. , personally I do PE tunes a little different to tunes I see in the US.

The TPS is throttle area as well not actual throttle position, I set mine around 9, but PE setup is governed by the tuner, the owner and vehicle setup.

Are you speed density tuning? You need to fail the maf.

It is a 2 Bar enhanced OS so there is a secondary Boost Enrichment setup for MAP greater than 110. As far as the Power Enrichment , set enable PE to 85 kPa (load) and Throttle to 15 (0-2000 rpm) and 8 (3000 and above) and interpolate from 2000-3000 (throttle is lowered so load is main criteria for PE). Set EQ Ratio (gas and Alcohol) to 1.17 (.85 Lambda in NA area). Set ramp in to 1.25 regardless of boost or NA.

In the Boost Enrichment, set 105 and 110 to 1.17. set 124 and above to 1.33 (.75 Lambda in Boost area) and interpolate across 110 and 124.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner
    From what I can make out it isn't boosted though, going by the VE table, why I didn't mention boost enrich table.

Quote Originally Posted by Codes View Post
    From what I can make out it isn't boosted though, going by the VE table, why I didn't mention boost enrich table.
    I understand...just covering all the tables and explaining what each do and how to set them for the OP and others interested.....

Ed M.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    thanks very much for the help, car is not boosted at the moment, I also have no trims showing on the scanner and car is always in OL mode for some reason, not sure who tuned it and why they have done it like this.
    also forgot to mention that car is mafless.
    Last edited by goat perf; 08-29-2016 at 04:08 PM.

Tuner
    Under Eng Diag-->Airflow--> Change Maf Freq Fail High to 1, Maf Freq Fail Low to 0. Change High Count Threshold and Low Count Threshold to 1 & 1.
    In DTC's change P0101, P0102 & P0103 to Mil on First Error.

When PE conditions are met the ecm transitions to open loop.

Your tune appears to be set to use fuel trims. Can you post a log.
    Last edited by Codes; 08-29-2016 at 06:29 PM.

Tuner in Training
    thanks, I will get some logs on the dyno in the morning,

Tuner in Training
    I have managed to get a scan done today, first thing I noticed I now have trims working again, only 1 showing in scan as wideband was in the other bung
    now to sort out the idle, it idles pretty nice but sure throws a lot of fue lout the backdyno pe enable. 2hpl.hpl

I would disable your o2 sensor fuel trims and closed loop if you are going to run with a sensor unplugged, it will mess with fueling for sure.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.