Thread: tune help 6.0 iron block,w cam

tune help 6.0 iron block,w cam

2000 trans am, enhanced 1 bar OS SD.
    05 LQ4, w comp cam 224/230 and tsp springs.
    ls1 stock injectors and intake, throttlebody.
    TSP long tubes and y pipe.
    im having a small idle issue. it stumbles and recovers.
    but during that stumble if i gas it, the car will bog.
    also car goes lean at idle, but as soon as i gas it, it goes to correct afr.
    attached is the log and tune file.
    any and all help is appreciated. thanks...82816SDv2.hpl00 blk transam SDv2.hpt
    Last edited by dually681; 08-28-2016 at 04:45 PM.

Are you trying to tune without the MAF sensor at all?

I only ask because if you trying to tune in speed density you still need to fail the MAF sensor in the tune. Set the MAF fail high to zero and all 3 MAF dtc's to first error. Just increasing the dynamic airflow to 7,000 isn't enough to run enable SD all the time.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

yes it is unplugged. from what ive read once your tune is done, unplug the maf was the way to go. so i set to 0 and 3 dtcs to first error. got that part, but does it need to be plugged back in?

Running the MAF sensor is great when you can, there is no need to remove it if you don't have too.

I was just saying if you are trying to tune in Speed Density you don't have it set up correctly. Once the MAF is failed there is no need to unplug it, you can but you'd need a seperate IAT sensor if you aren't running one. After your VE table is dialed in and working good you can switch over to MAF only tuning and get that part dialed in.

Once both are done and how you want them you can re-enable the VE and the dynamic airflow settings back to stock and have a running engine with both working and doing their job.

When tuning for VE only, remove your MAF channels to prevent it from skewing information. Open loop with an AFR error is how I do it.

I only see the need to remove the MAF for the engine if you are going to run a supercharger or turbo on the GEN 3 computer. It's so much easier to run speed density only on a boosted engine.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

What about the IAT? it integrated into the MAF!

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

its unplugged but still present . the iat is right next to it. plugged in of course. I am going to add the Vortech V3 that is sitting in my closet very soon.
    probably install it by next month. For now wanna get the regular tune up and running SD so im ready and comfortable with SD by the install time.
    I appreciate your pointers and advice guys. Thanks.

Sounds good, once you get that far you can just step up to a 2/3 bar OS if you computer allows for it.

idle update

83116SDv1.hplUpdate, cars running nice, I almost have idle going. I set the airflow and played with timing to get it to come down and not hang at 1100.
    the issue I have now is it stumbles, bogs when i come to a stop or coast. 6 speed car. should i up the idle timing its at 20 degrees now in idle area.
    heres the log from commanded 975rpm it goes down as seen in log to 475 then kicks back up to proper rpm.

figured it out on my own. my advice to any new guys. read read read the stickies. watch all the youtube videos on what you are looking for. its all out there..