Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2015+ Mustang/F150 with 2011-2014 Style TPS

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    Today's build now has all the necessary parameters required to make the older style TPS work on a 2015+ Mustang or F-150 as required by the GT500 throttle body and others.

The two parameters you will want to adjust to make the TPS play nice is the TPS Config and Sensor Slopes.

See attached tune for inspiration.
    So this file has the correct TPS Config & Sensor Slopes for say the twin 65mm CJ (M-9926-CJ65) on a newer Ford Racing TC controller?

I also noticed on the Effective area tables you now have 17 instead of 14 rows. Okay to spread the bottom of the scale and interpolate for more resolution or just places zeros or the final value repeated?
    I want to know if I am on the correct track? The car starts and idles fine, but the low end it is a bit iffy
    Attached Files Attached Files

Western New York's Performance Headquarters

The TB Modeling tables are larger on the 15s, so you have to take the data you have from before and make it fit.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

The TB Modeling tables are larger on the 15s, so you have to take the data you have from before and make it fit.
    Better off having the resolution near the bottom of the scale then the top I assume?

Western New York's Performance Headquarters

Today's build now has all the necessary parameters required to make the older style TPS work on a 2015+ Mustang or F-150 as required by the GT500 throttle body and others.

The two parameters you will want to adjust to make the TPS play nice is the TPS Config and Sensor Slopes.

See attached tune for inspiration.
    Thanks Eric!!

These parameters worked flawlessly on a 2015 with CobraJet intake manifold and FRPP Twin 65mm Throttle Body.

Car now idles, drives, and feels like stock and no longer throws the P2135 code for TPS voltage correlation.

Quote Originally Posted by JnJSpdShop View Post
    Better off having the resolution near the bottom of the scale then the top I assume?
    That is basically what I did.

Over the course of time that I have been tuning Ford's, I have built up a pretty good repository of calibration data for various hardware.

I pasted a known good TB model into this 2015 GT and then forced the remaining additional cells to the maximum.

Works flawless thus far and I've had no issues. This was with a Twin 65mm FRPP throttle body.

Car drives like stock.

Although technically I should make use of the increased resolution, until I have good data this is my method.

etc predicated angle 2015.png
    www.tunedbynishan.com
    2018 Mustang GT - 10R80

Quote Originally Posted by Trent_Petersen View Post
    I just sent some requests in to support yesterday for my Ecoboost Explorer. My only problem with needing to request what tables I want added is how am I supposed to know that to ask for when HPTuners is the only tools I have for tuning? Dosent make sense to have to buy something like SCT just to see what table are in the PCM to try to request those in HPTuners.....
    SCT doesn't have all the tables defined either mind you. There are a good 20k or so adjustable parameters in a Ford calibration, but you wont see any tuning company give them to you. Will you ever need to adjust the duration the ECU waits before it initializes the CAN Bus? How about the distance to travel before an oil change reminder is shown? Probably not As such they try to prioritize the tables and use cases they will see most often and give you the tables you need to affect the performance of the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by schaid View Post
    My point is ipw should not be something we're having to request. I feel as though that is a required parameter. I'm sure there are others that share this belief. I feel as though progressing forward on the next "great" thing shouldn't be a priority when the existing platform wasn't complete. That's my complaint. The 11-14 is incomplete but we've got time to add definitions to the s550 that only a very few are even going to use. I just feel jaded as a long time hptuners customer and supporter. Do we have a ton of capabilities? Absolutely. And I'm grateful for those. But every time I go to tune another s197 coyote I've got to pull the stock file pull a log then get ahold of support wait another day. It becomes a bit of a nuisance to both the customer and myself which is why I've just given up until I saw yet another set of definitions get added to the s550 while the s197 scanner pid list is still incomplete. It's frustrating to say the least. Maybe not the right place to voice these frustrations but it's been chewing at me for sometime and this seemed like the opportune time to voice those frustrations. I'm glad it's gotten some attention and hopefully the right steps are taken to address some of the missing parameters that still exist within the s197 scanner list as well as anything else that may be going unaddressed with the code itself and parameters and definitions we don't have access to but do exist within the pcm and could be beneficial.
    The problem is IPW was something they added to their list of parameters after they defined a lot of strategies. So they have to go back, and Eric can only do so much work in a day! They try to get things added as quickly as they can when you request, but again, its a small team. If you don't have IPW and really need it, you can work it out and get pretty close as well.

Airflow / AFR = Fuel Flow
    Fuel Flow / No of Injectors = Inj Fuel Flow
    With Fuel Pressure (which you can log or in most cases hope to assume reasonably) and required flow, you can figure out the PW (by chart, or via using math like Fords estimated Lo-Hi slope)

Basically you do what the ECU does, but without the ECU doing the math for you
    I don't even think IPW is loggable in SCT for comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugasu View Post
    SCT doesn't have all the tables defined either mind you. There are a good 20k or so adjustable parameters in a Ford calibration, but you wont see any tuning company give them to you. Will you ever need to adjust the duration the ECU waits before it initializes the CAN Bus? How about the distance to travel before an oil change reminder is shown? Probably not As such they try to prioritize the tables and use cases they will see most often and give you the tables you need to affect the performance of the engine.
    I absolutely understand (But I might want to be able to change my oil intervals....), but even when I was tuning GM 3800's with HPTuners I had to use tiny tuner to get access to some injector params so my ID1000's would work well. I only found out about those paramaters after HOURS of digging around trying to find different ways to view what was possible with the stock PCM. HPTuners didn't give me what I needed, and at the time I didnt even know what GM called what I was looking for. What I want to know is when I want to do something HPTuners thinks is uncommon, like changing the MAP sensor on my Explorer, or changing the Stoich AFR in my F150, how do figure out what does that in the calibration so I can request access to it in HPTuners?
    2016 Ford Explorer Sport - 3.5L EcoBoost
    2006 Ford F150 Lariat - 5.4L 3V (315,000 miles )

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugasu View Post

The problem is IPW was something they added to their list of parameters after they defined a lot of strategies. So they have to go back, and Eric can only do so much work in a day! They try to get things added as quickly as they can when you request, but again, its a small team. If you don't have IPW and really need it, you can work it out and get pretty close as well.

Airflow / AFR = Fuel Flow
    Fuel Flow / No of Injectors = Inj Fuel Flow
    With Fuel Pressure (which you can log or in most cases hope to assume reasonably) and required flow, you can figure out the PW (by chart, or via using math like Fords estimated Lo-Hi slope)

Basically you do what the ECU does, but without the ECU doing the math for you
    I don't even think IPW is loggable in SCT for comparison.
    Its not loggable that I could see on SCT... Besides that, when the hell do you actually need to see that data? Ive been tuning quite a few different makes for a long time and I cant tell you the last time I even cared to see IPW. Its just not necessary data. Schaid needs to go piss in someone else's Wheaties, we dont need that negativity around here. I swear, every time I see one of his posts its nothing but bitching about this or that, never anything constructive.

Advanced Tuner
    Things are not all sunshine and rainbows. Constantly saying they are creates a false sense of completeness.

I speak up when I've been dealing with the shortcomings for a period of time and just get to a point where I need to vent.

As for my contributions...I prefer to do that privately. I have no problem helping just don't like doing it in a public setting. I've sat for 3 hours on the phone w a forum member walking him through how to do certain things and have helped countless others through pm. My post count and what I post is meaningless.

With all that being said...HPT still has the best product on the market as far as data logging goes. There are a few missing pids and I also feel like there are still missing parameters from the tune. There is no reason one strategy with the same values runs different than another...but it does and it's just gotten to a point where it's accepted.

So before we get going on personal attacks on people why not focus on the issues?

Advanced Tuner
    I'd still like to know if 11-14 copperhead has TB settings that exist on s550. Again, trying to get a GT350 TB to work on a 2013 car ended up terrible no matter what i tried.

If they're just not added yet, Im not complaining about that. I just want to know if something like this exists on the 11-14 cars because I was unable to determine if I had a DOA unit, or if I was trying to make it work without all the tables needed to do it.

Satisfy my curiosity! haha.

Quote Originally Posted by schaid View Post
    Things are not all sunshine and rainbows. Constantly saying they are creates a false sense of completeness.

I speak up when I've been dealing with the shortcomings for a period of time and just get to a point where I need to vent.

As for my contributions...I prefer to do that privately. I have no problem helping just don't like doing it in a public setting. I've sat for 3 hours on the phone w a forum member walking him through how to do certain things and have helped countless others through pm. My post count and what I post is meaningless.

With all that being said...HPT still has the best product on the market as far as data logging goes. There are a few missing pids and I also feel like there are still missing parameters from the tune. There is no reason one strategy with the same values runs different than another...but it does and it's just gotten to a point where it's accepted.

So before we get going on personal attacks on people why not focus on the issues?
    The reason the strategies work differently is that there is more than just calibration value changes. The actual background code the ECU executes is different. Every new OS has some change in code, mostly minor, sometimes major. Sometimes they have entirely different parameters even.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by mattlinke View Post
    I'd still like to know if 11-14 copperhead has TB settings that exist on s550. Again, trying to get a GT350 TB to work on a 2013 car ended up terrible no matter what i tried.

If they're just not added yet, Im not complaining about that. I just want to know if something like this exists on the 11-14 cars because I was unable to determine if I had a DOA unit, or if I was trying to make it work without all the tables needed to do it.

Satisfy my curiosity! haha.
    Email support with your file and what you are trying to do. That is the fastest way for me to help you guys out.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    I think i already did that. but I will again when I have a chance to.
    Thanks

Anyone got a read for a 2015/2016 CJ file with the monoblade tb?

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Thank you Eric

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Mep_q8 View Post
    Anyone got a read for a 2015/2016 CJ file with the monoblade tb?
    Nope, still trying to get mine going

Tuner
    any new info on the monoblade with cj intake on the 2015 mustang, car goes into limp mode suddenly havent figured out what is causing it!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by xinacyra View Post
    any new info on the monoblade with cj intake on the 2015 mustang, car goes into limp mode suddenly havent figured out what is causing it!
    Monoblades on tricore ECM's has been supported since this thread was created. The data is already available, if you are going into Limp mode than you may have something else going on(assuming you populated the tables with the correct data)

Tuner
    would anybody have the correct data for monoblade on cobra jet intake n/a
    its a 2015+

Advanced Tuner
    not to resurrect a old thread but can I use this to make a monoblade work on a 15 mustang?

Advanced Tuner
    not to resurrect a old thread but can I use this to make a monoblade work on a 15 mustang?