Thread: I'm getting no MAP sensor reading

Potential Tuner

I'm getting no MAP sensor reading

Hi everyone, I'm not a noob, and been using HP tuners for a few years to dial in my 5.3L '02 Tahoe and my dads '03 corvette. Mostly tweaking the timing maps on both vehicles and the transmission settings on the Tahoe, but not too much with the fuel curves because some spark cleanup is really all they needed. However.....

I am no longer getting a reading from my MAP sensor through HP tuners on the 5.3L. I can see and feel that the timing is stuck on the 15 kPa band, the lowest, and so none of the timing maps or fuel maps are reading correctly. All the maps seem to be just following the 15 kPa line and the Tahoe still runs, but not that good. It is high mileage so I just changed out the MAP sensor and thought I'd be done with it. No change... actually worse, a little.

Since I assume my new MAP sensor is good, I don't have a vacuum pump to test, my conclusion is somehow the PCM is not reading the sensor correctly and the reading is not showing up on the HP Tuners interface. How do I go about troubleshooting this further?

Many thanks in advance.

Get out a DMM and start checking for power and ground to the sensor.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Get out a DMM and start checking for power and ground to the sensor.
    Tested... it appears that I am not getting 5 volts from the PCM to the sensor. The ground is good. I am suspecting maybe a short to ground?
    Last edited by Hawmps; 08-26-2016 at 05:14 PM.

Potential Tuner
    I finally got it to throw a code P0107, low power to MAP. I'm thinking I should either have a short or a bad PCM.