Thread: Tuning The LQ4 6.0 TWIN tURBO

Tuner

Tuning The LQ4 6.0 TWIN tURBO

Ok I am very new to this like a week here is where I am the car starts and drives but the idle is rich 12.8 afr and as soon as you touch the throttle is goes lean 15.5-16 17 afr but up in the upper rpms it starts to come back down not sure how to fix the idle or the lower rpms with out hurting the upper rpms I posted the tune and a log if anyone can help that would be great. Also I want to Thank 5FDP getting this thing running for me. Thanks Robert

current 3.hplSD tune current 3 try to lean.hpt

Read this over, it should give you an idea how to tune the VE. Many of steps you may not have to take or want to take because you don't need to do them. Leave your MAF dtc's as you have them, this write up isn't really correct there. This was done with 2.24 but the idea is still the same as far as setting up the scanner and what you have to do.

http://www.michigansnowmobiler.com/h...ons%20rev2.pdf

You are going to have to create a graph to log the AFR error with your wideband to fix the rich/lean issues. You will need to connect your wideband to read with HP Tuners.

Don't worry so much about it being lean around 16-17 just driving around, it's not going to hurt anything with no real load on the engine. So long as it doesn't lean pop on you, you are fine. Try to not mash the gas when it's not tuned like you have, not having the correct fueling under boost can grenade a motor fast.

Remove your MAF channels from your logs and add knock retard to them. Also remove the 1 bar MAP channel and find the 2 bar MAP channel to replace it with. That way your MAP channel won't max out at 105kpa.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 07-30-2017 at 07:30 PM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    I will work on it Thanks Robert
    No knock sensors so it won't pull timing
    Last edited by lsgto; 07-30-2017 at 08:14 PM.

Tuner
    test drive.hpl
    Could someone look at this file and how low the spark goes at full throttle the afr is at 11.4 11.6 at WOT do I need to change something in the timing thanks Robert

Looks about right for the timing you are requesting in the previous tune file.

You aren't logging cylinder airmass so it's hard to put 2 and 2 together to see it exactly but it's pretty likely that once you get over .90 in cylinder airmass that your timing is following your timing tables. Because this is speed density you want to make both high/low timing tables the same.

Also you need to log knock retard, timing could also be dropping if the computer is seeing knock and pulling timing.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    I will add cylinder air mass as far as knock there are no knock sensors in this motor it has a stand alone harness and has no plugs for them. thanks Robert ALSO THIS LAST FILE IS AT 8-10 LBS BOOST I will also get the wideband hooked into hp tuners this weekend for more info
    Last edited by lsgto; 08-01-2017 at 06:57 PM.

Nevermind on the knock setting then, I assumed they were installed.

Side question, where is the MAP sensor mounted on the intake?

Only asking because the max kpa I saw was 136.6kpa and that's only around 5psi of boost. If you have a mechanical boost gauge hook up and that saw 8-10psi, I'd look into why the MAP sensor isn't seeing that much boost.

Tuner
    The map has a vacuum line off the bottom of the intake it is a cheap boost gauge maybe it's off
    this is the map I have Delphi 16235939 Manifold Absolute Barometric Pressure (Map) Sensor 2 Bar
    Last edited by lsgto; 08-01-2017 at 09:04 PM.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    enable RRT in the tune and connect and ground your wideband and start logging with AFR target table you usuall can clean up a VE table in 20-30 minutes
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner
    Plan to hook up wide band this week end not sure what RRT is. Thanks Rolbert

Advanced Tuner
    Real. Time. Tuning. It allows you to making VE and timing changes in real time. Also idle and eq ratio tuning. there is more than one setting in the RTT perameter in the general tab of the engine section.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Oleblu View Post
    Real. Time. Tuning. It allows you to making VE and timing changes in real time. Also idle and eq ratio tuning. there is more than one setting in the RTT perameter in the general tab of the engine section.
    Thanks