Thread: FRPP 2015+ Coyote Crate with CJ Intake and SCJ TB

FRPP 2015+ Coyote Crate with CJ Intake and SCJ TB

Trying to get this car to run and idle and not sure if I am asking for too much. The engine is a bone stock FRPP 2015+ crate engine with the Ford control pack, and the customer added a JLT intake, CobraJet intake manifold along with the mono blade Super Cobra Jet TB. I tried moving over the 2013 Super Cobra Jet TB info to the file and it will start and instantly die. I am sure this TB is way to big for a stock 5.0L with no blower??
    Attached Files Attached Files

Western New York's Performance Headquarters

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    there is a table or value file for aftermarket throttle bodies on the newer 15 pcms,
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

I put in the TB data from the 2013 Super Cobra Jet and it made it worse

Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    there is a table or value file for aftermarket throttle bodies on the newer 15 pcms,

Tuner in Training
    I have a CJ intake and monoblade TB on my '11. Naturally aspirated and no problems.

Advanced Tuner
    It's not something you are doing wrong. HPTuners is missing a value or table input that you need to adjust to run the throttle body on a 15+ model. From what I have heard SCT does have it. Maybe Eric can figure it out and it.

EDIT: Just saw you are using the FRPP control pack, lemme look at your file real quick.

EDIT #2: Looks like the control pack is not a copperhead so yeah, there is a missing value/table that needs to be adjusted to get the engine running correctly
    Last edited by Jn2; 08-25-2016 at 04:45 PM.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    whats the strategy
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Quote Originally Posted by JnJSpdShop View Post
    Trying to get this car to run and idle and not sure if I am asking for too much. The engine is a bone stock FRPP 2015+ crate engine with the Ford control pack, and the customer added a JLT intake, CobraJet intake manifold along with the mono blade Super Cobra Jet TB. I tried moving over the 2013 Super Cobra Jet TB info to the file and it will start and instantly die. I am sure this TB is way to big for a stock 5.0L with no blower??
    Not an expert, but try adding to the MAF Curve. I saw you had a stock MAF Curve in your tune. I don't know how big the Stock 2015 Coyote MAF Housing is, but the 2014 is 86mm. The JLT SCJ Intake is 110mm. So that's a 63% increase in area (going by 2014 spec). Try multiplying the entire MAF Curve by 1.63 and seeing if that improves this condition any.

Quote Originally Posted by Enginerd_Rob View Post
    I have a CJ intake and monoblade TB on my '11. Naturally aspirated and no problems.
    Did you use the data in the CJ File as a base? How did it behave going off of that data?
    Last edited by AKDMB; 08-25-2016 at 09:21 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Just on a quick glance.. Stock MAF tables, IMRC stuff is disabled, but the VCT stuff is relatively untouched.

The VCT settings shouldnt hinder your idle. Im in agreeance with AKDMB on the MAF stuff being your most likely culprit. But as Sultan has alluded, the new PCM may not like the 13 SCJ data. Im interested in seeing what he comes up with in that regard. The file does not appear to be lacking any of the ETC stuff as far as definition is concerned, but I may be wrong. The main difference I see is that the Copperhead ECU's have one driver demand table in comparison with this controls pack and all 15+ cars that have multiple. That and theres some other differences, but Im too tired to investigate right now. Bottom line is I believe Sultan is right with the data you are sampling being incorrect. With that said, the MAF data is also likely why it starts and immediately dies.

Sultan, the strategy he is working with is FRPP1H0

Update and check out this thread: http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...103#post449103
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    Eric to the rescue....OP download and install the newest version and you'll see the 2 new tables added. Those will be the ones that need adjusting to get it to run right;

Thank you Eric

Didn't seem to work. with a GT500 and monoblade TB, the stock settings seemed to work better then what Eric had posted. Managed to tune the car on the dyno, but was getting a lot of misfiring at idle and mid range. Above settings set the car to REP straight away, stock setting seemed to work better. Set up the GT500 TB settings and pulled of 25whp more but lack of drivability and cruise.

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Advanced Tuner
    I know this is a old thread is it possible to flash a control pack strategy like listed above In a 15-17 or it only works for control pcm. I know a strategy swap is 6 credits I was just curious.

Advanced Tuner
    I wouldn't try and flash a control pack strategy on a ECM that came from a consumer vehicle.

Advanced Tuner
    I didn’t think it would work I was just wondering. Never saw it asked before so I figured I’d ask.