Thread: 1999 Chevy Astro! Everyone likes a Challenge!

Potential Tuner

1999 Chevy Astro! Everyone likes a Challenge!

So some quick background. It's my work van, had it for about 8 years now. 244,000 miles. The last year and a half it's started developing some issues and those issues slowly got worse. Rough idle, lower MPG, hard starting when it's warmed up (wants to die). So, over the course of the last few months, it's gotten a new Spider injector assembly (the redesigned AC Delco with MPFI instead of the CPI that was originally in it), new distributor (along with new cap and rotor), new plug wires and plugs, new coil. I also did a EGR block off plate and turned the EGR off with HPTuners (I'd have to hit 155 for it to enable).

So now it's running quite a bit better. No engine codes, no misfires. MPG is still sitting around 15 on the highway, but that is at 80 mph cruising. The only code that pops up every once in a while now is a P1870, which tells me there is something going on with the TCC. I've read through a bunch of threads on here about that very thing. A bunch of different remedies have seemed to fix stuff, including a throttle position sensor on one thread. Which brings me to now.

I just did a little drive and logged it (attached here). Getting a little KR at WOT but not a lot. And it's hot out. In the log, the Intake temp looks high because I was sitting in a parking lot idling for a while before the drive and it's warm here (I'm in Ft Worth, TX right now working). All the timing tables are stock, I haven't touched a thing. I did bump the idle RPMs up a little when the AC is on.

So, if you guys are bored and want to look at this log, I'd appreciate it. A short drive with two or three WOT pulls included. I think I logged everything that's kind of important.

Thanks!!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jaywoo65; 08-24-2016 at 08:17 PM.
    2014 Velocity Yellow C7 Vert
    2014 Dodge Ram 4x4
    2018 Hills Green Ram 2500 CTD