Thread: 2012 Challenger 200 KPA Limit

Advanced Tuner

2012 Challenger 200 KPA Limit

Tuning a 12 Challenger SRT that keeps shutting me down early @ 200 KPA.

Vehicle details
    12 Challenger SRT
    M6
    Built 6.4
    ported heads
    cam
    lts
    F1A
    ID1300's
    Fore Fuel system
    3 bar map
    E85

I tuned this thing previously on pump gas w/ a d1sc and with the f1A w/o issue on lower boost. Tried to up the boost on E85 ran out of injector. Put in 1300's and a 3bar and strapped it back down. Made several pulls and it keeps shutting me down early @ 200 KPA. Am I missing something here or could the map max parameter not be working correctly?

003_Shaw.hpt
    003_Shaw.hpl
    002_Shaw.hpl
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by curt@injected; 08-24-2016 at 05:26 PM.

Never had a problem maxing out the values and it not working. If you had reached your set value, you would go into some kind of limp mode.

What kind of shut down are you experiencing? Brick wall or just flat on its face?

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Senior Tuner
    I thought there are a few years PCM that have a hard limit at 2 bar. There is a thread stating this as an issue with this, but I can't remember the exact years.
    Jaime

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailblazin' View Post
    Never had a problem maxing out the values and it not working. If you had reached your set value, you would go into some kind of limp mode.

What kind of shut down are you experiencing? Brick wall or just flat on its face?
    Brick wall. It stops the pull at 2 bar every time. It feels like injector cut

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    I thought there are a few years PCM that have a hard limit at 2 bar. There is a thread stating this as an issue with this, but I can't remember the exact years.
    I tried to search but found nothing. Any chance you have a link?

Advanced Tuner
    If it is a hard 2 bar limit is there a way to scale it? I've never tried. Or do I have to go up a pulley size?

Senior Tuner
    I haven't seen the 14psi limit in a 2012 manual yet, mostly 2009-2010's. Its in the OS of the PCM. Only fix we have ever found was a MAP clamp to prevent voltage from getting over 4.3-4.4 volts or so.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    I haven't seen the 14psi limit in a 2012 manual yet, mostly 2009-2010's. Its in the OS of the PCM. Only fix we have ever found was a MAP clamp to prevent voltage from getting over 4.3-4.4 volts or so.
    200 KPA is the one common denominator I found in all of the pulls at shut down. It's possible I could be missing something else but I have not found it.

can you log your injector pulsewidth. Use Inj PW Cyl1 and Inj PW Cyl2 just to get an idea.

Taking a look over the injector settings, it seems there is more room to control the injectors. I've run into a brickwall with the injectors trying to open too much, around 25ms! Re-scaled the injectors down and all was good.

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Instagram

Advanced Tuner
    can you log your injector pulsewidth. Use Inj PW Cyl1 and Inj PW Cyl2 just to get an idea.

Taking a look over the injector settings, it seems there is more room to control the injectors. I've run into a brickwall with the injectors trying to open too much, around 25ms! Re-scaled the injectors down and all was good.
    I forgot to add a couple of parameters in the first log. If you look at the other two logs pulse width is in there. maximum pulsewidth seen is 16.504 @ 6383 rpm which works out to like 88% dc

Advanced Tuner
    Used the witech to update the calibration to 05035304AF and same result.

Just noticed your PR Ratio is reading correctly, but your map isn't..

Can you try these settings and see what you read at idle, if you're reading atmosphere then try a run and see what happens.

Map Linear: 45.46
    Offset kpa: 7.00
    Offset V: 0.10

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Instagram

Advanced Tuner
    Just noticed your PR Ratio is reading correctly, but your map isn't..

Can you try these settings and see what you read at idle, if you're reading atmosphere then try a run and see what happens.

Map Linear: 45.46
    Offset kpa: 7.00
    Offset V: 0.10
    That looks like 2 bar settings?

no, that should be good to get the 3bar to read correctly when it's not possible. Some ECUs still don't have the increase parameter values that HP Tuners released, so this gets around that problem.

2 bar map values are different.

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Instagram

Advanced Tuner
    no, that should be good to get the 3bar to read correctly when it's not possible. Some ECUs still don't have the increase parameter values that HP Tuners released, so this gets around that problem.

2 bar map values are different.
    ahah. Thank you sir. I will attempt it and report back.

Senior Tuner
    Using those settings on a 2bar will mean all your non-boost vacuum readings will be off entirely. Wont matter for tuning as long as you tune in the right spots of the VE table, but no gauges reading from the PCM will read correctly (i.e any PIDs from HP Tuners converted, Aeroforce gauge, Trinity, inTune, etc).