Thread: shift torque factor adder confusion

shift torque factor adder confusion

Stock for a 2012 Camaro the 1/2 and 2/3 have a 1 in the box and Zeros for the remaining shifts, but when i looked at an Impala for the same year they are all zeros. Why the difference? Isn't the closer to 1 you go the less TM being applied? I looked at a stock 2013 camaro and it is the same as mine. Then i looked at a stock 2011 camaro and they are all zeros.
    Last edited by benf; 08-24-2016 at 08:37 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    From what I can tell by looking at a stock 2012 Camaro tune, the tune is removing some torque management for the 1->2 and 2->3 shifts. If you look at the Shift Torque Factor Adder Modifier table, you'll see that they are removing between 2.5% -> 35% TM for those 2 shifts, depending on the engine torque and RPMs.

You have to remember that the Impala is a FWD car and the Camaro is RWD, so you can't really compare the transmission side of the tunes... Plus, the Camaro is more "aggressively" tuned since it's a sports car whereas the Impala is more of a 4-door family car. :-)

For what it's worth, I actually set the Shift Torque Factor Adder to "1"s on my 2012 Impala - and then use the Adder Modifier table to remove between 5% and 15% of the torque management for all shifts. I'll remove 15% torque management for low-torque, low-RPM shifts, down to 5% removal for mid-torque/mid-RPM shifts. I leave all torque management in place for high-torque/high-RPM shifts.

I've found that removing some of the toruqe management makes the shifts feel a lot more "natural", without the computer removing so much timing during the shifts...
    Last edited by jtrosky; 08-24-2016 at 09:54 AM.