Thread: scratching my head

Tuner

scratching my head

I had an SCT tune originally started on my car and had to stop a friend of mine told me to check out HP tuners. when I plugged it in I got most of the tune off of the ecu. my issue is that the tuner stopeed at the wide open throttle tuning portion due to lack of fuel (running out of pump). I know have a return style fuel system running two 320 lph pumps constant. it is the on3 performance return style wiring. The regulator is set to 39.1x to 39.2x at idle no vac line connected. it is a 1:1 rsing rate. It has 80lb/hr injectors -8an line front and back. a BA5000 is in place for air metering. I know the maf transfer is not set at the higher rpms yet. I am still running o/l to fine tune it at WOT but I am having an issue that at 3500-4500 it just fells as though it is slowing the pistons down as they travel up to that point the car is a rocket. Seems like it might be setting off its spark too early in the cycle. I am attaching my tune that I have revised very slightly. I have not set up for the rising rate reg yet. I know it needs work but I figured I may be overlooking on small detail that is causing me all this headache.
    Car is a 2010 mustang gt with the on3 performance turbo kit at 14psi wastegate. Motor has forged internals with -18 cc dish pistons manely rods and mahle pistons. spark plug gap is set to .023-.025. The turbo is a 70mm. I thank you for all the help in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by truspeedinc; 08-21-2016 at 09:28 PM.

first thing is to dial in the maf curve if you look at yours its all over the place... should be a nice smooth curve

Tuner
    I'm pretty sure I found out one of the reasons its acting up. The fuel pump supply to hat busted and was bleeding the pressure back into the tank. Back at it again tomorrow. Thank you for all the help so far wayno, I appreciate it.