Thread: Look over tune

Tuner in Training

Look over tune

I had this tune done via mail order. The shift is kinda sloppy in 1-2 at WOT. I know nothing about tuning but plan on learning here in the real near future.

I was wondering if someone could tell me if this tune was done as I had asked for when purchased it.

Its LM4 5.3 with a LS9 cam. Was the tune set up for that cam? Running a 2500 stall, does anything need to be adjusted for that?
    Torque management deleted?

Just looking to make sure I got what I paid for,

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Honestly they didn't really even change much at all on that tune.

I compared it with a stock 5.3 tune and didn't see a ton of differences. Some TM settings disabled, not all. A few of the transmission tables are different because of possible gear ratio and tire size differences but no real changes to shift times or shift pressures.

Some changes the VE table but zero changes to the MAF curve for the change in camshaft but with a mail order tune it's nearly impossible to just guess and get that correct.

They added a boat load of timing, like alot compared to stock.

If you could post a log file of the it running and doing just some regular driving and a WOT run it would tell how the vehicle is doing with this tune.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Usually mail orders will get you to upload the tune and get some logging in, then they will adjust and mail it or remotely adjust it, which may take a couple of logs, is that not the case?

Tuner in Training
    Thanks guys for looking it over. That's what I kinda figured that much hadn't been changed just after some conversations I had with the guy.

Tuner in Training
    Ok one more. With this tune, I was suppose to have the rear 02s deleted. I do not have them installed and I do not have check engine light. But in the readiness monitors the 02s are incomplete. Is this due to me having the rears deleted? I was told that the monitors would run and show passed if the rears where deleted and everything for the fronts are good. I cant pass emissions with the readiness monitors in the incomplete state, has to show ran and passed.

Thanks again!

I don't know if it will be this way for you but some might require that the sensor is atleast plugged in.

If you still have them, just plug them in and tie the sensors up.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks I will give that a shot.