Thread: Cam upgrade, car won't idle or run

Potential Tuner

Cam upgrade, car won't idle or run

Hi Guys,
    I've never tuned anything before so I'm kind of lost but here is a little background on the car.

Before the cam upgrade it was a bolt on car (98 Camaro Z28), It was running fine with the fast 102 and NW 102 throttle body never had any issues with it. Once I upgrade the cam and put in a torque converter, SpeedInc SI5v2 (231/237) and Circle D 2E converter, the car will not start at all if it does it just dies. I have got it to idle slightly when scanning with the Russ K Idle Config but if I'm not running that it just dies.

I've tried to plug in the data from that to the table it goes to and it really hasn't done much. The one time it did idle with that I shut the car off once it was warmed up and turned it back on and it would just die instantly.

I've tried doing the directions for the Idle Tuning how to guide on here from Rinkrat456 and it doesn't help either. One thing I have noticed is the IAC count is always high either at 310 completely cold or 170-180 on both the old IAC and new IAC sensor. My throttle body voltage is at .57 it doesn't really move whether I loosen or tighten the bolt on the throttle body.

I had a bad 02 sensor so I replaced both of them with new ones. I'm just at a loss of what to even do with the car because I can't even get it to consistently idle or anything so I haven't bothered to even try and get it to drive. As far as I know there are zero Dyno's or tuners in my area or remotely close to me.

Any help would be appreciated. I'll upload the tune that is in it as well. Thanks

Potential Tuner
    821.2.hpt

Camaro pre cam.hpt

Here is the file in it now and the one before the cam went in.

I've tried to log but it doesn't stay running to get anything.