Thread: Negative KR values

Tuner

Negative KR values

I recently purchased HP Tuners vcm suite. I am very pleased with it. When tuning I see this KR value go negative as much as 3 degrees. I am gathering from my research that it is the ECU adding timing? is this correct, if so my tune will not allow the ecu to add timing to prevent from detonating. The car is a 2010 mustang gt with a 70 mm turbo. Any advice on how to keep it from doing this will be greatly appreciated.

A negative value means it's adding timing on my 2016.

I found it under spark > retard table.

I'm guessing on yours it'll be in the same area.
    Last edited by SYCK SS; 08-21-2016 at 05:21 PM.

05-10 ecu negative values is pulling timing. 11-up negative is adding timing

Tuner
    so it wants the ignition event to happen earlier so instead of 9 degrees it wants it at 8?

It would be happening later.

As the piston travels up you are counting down. So 9 degrees is actually happening before 8 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by wayno View Post
    05-10 ecu negative values is pulling timing. 11-up negative is adding timing
    Are you sure? I've always read any positive KR on my 2007 as pulling timing. For instance, I see 3.5 degrees of KR from time to time. Knock retard is just that, degrees of retard isn't it? Negative retard would be adding timing (double negative right?)
    2007 Mustang GT
    305ci big bore (5.0L Cammer block)
    Ported heads
    Lunati cams and springs
    Usual compliment of bolt-ons