Thread: New to Tuning

Potential Tuner

New to Tuning

I have a 1979 C10 LS Swap and I have been reading allot of posts trying to learn about tuning so I have the VE tables tuned pretty close at idle and up to 4k. I have the problem where if you rev the truck just a little it tries to stumble and die going back to idle. If I rev it to 4k it comes back down to an idle without a problem. So could one of you with tuning experience take a look at my tune and see if you notice anything that needs to be fixed anywhere in the tune since allot of this is just me learning from others online
    79-C10-current-running-tune.hpt

Hope this helps just a quick log from yesterday I guess I didn't save the others
    8202016.hpl

Current setup
    04 5.3
    Holley High Ram
    95mm TB
    60lb injectors
    Bar 3 Map
    862 heads
    Comp Cam 224/232
    D1sc Procharger
    4L60e W/3200 Stall

Thanks
    Last edited by Reynolds; 08-21-2016 at 11:57 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Post a log as well.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by FD3S View Post
    Post a log as well.
    I posted a log

Are you trying to run a MAF sensor on this speed density OS?

I would ditch the MAF sensor, fail it in the tune and work on your VE table from there. It will be much easier to do it this way. You need to fail the MAF anyway to make proper adjustments to the VE table. Don't forget to complete the VE too, you'll want to plug a higher number in, like 200 at 300kpa and interpolate downwards to 105kpa to build yourself a VE table for boost. Then you'll at least have a starting point to go off of.

Are you running a wideband, because that is a must here for tuning your VE and in boost.

Also when I viewed the log you have a few things being logged like 3 times, you don't need to have 3 different reading for the bank 1 and bank 2 o2 sensors. Commanded AFR is in there twice and you won't need MAF related channels because you don't need to use the MAF. You also don't want to log anything MAF related when tuning VE.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Yeah I was planning on running the MAF. I failed it earlier in the week when I was tuning the VE. I do have a wide band innovate gauge I just need to figure out how to hook it up to hptuners to start logging it. So is it better to get rid of the MaF and go SD tune ? Thank you again for all this info

With the engine and computer you are running you'd be far better off running speed density only. You can still run it in closed loop too after you get the tuned dialed in.

The newer GEN 4 computers and MAF sensor can handle running boost far better than the older ones.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.