Thread: Trouble loading a file

Trouble loading a file

Had a lot of issues today trying to tune an 04.5. Of around 15 attempts I was only successful in getting a tune to load in twice. It would go through the complete write, and then after it says "cleaning up" it would fail and say "Controller Unlocker: Timed out".
    Has anyone had this issue before. As of right now the truck is essentially bricked, hoping to let it sit for the weekend and hope it loads. This was with multiple tunes from multiple tuners and even the stock tune. Not sure what the issue could be. Thanks for help.
    Dominic

So, While it is not a Dodge, I had a VERY similar issue with my Silverado... I was getting an amperage draw from the After Market Stereo even if it was powered off. I puled the fuse from the main panel and I was able to write the file and un-brick the ECM. Now I won't tune the truck without pulling the fuse, AND putting it on a charger.... Have never had a problem since... Good Luck..

Had a charger on it all day, through every load attempt. No aftermarket stereo, does have a winch and some other ods and ends though. Will have to look into that I guess. Anyone else have these issues? Maybe I need to try to load with an earlier software release date? Just seems strange. Makes it really hard to tune when you have the truck on the dyno, make a run make some changes and then it won't load the file back up. Really frustrating all around.

It wasn't so much about the Stereo as it was about the amperage draw itself... You may have a draw some where that yo would have to chase down.... Sorry Can't be more help.. Good luck though...

I'll definitely check into it. Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by Dom_c13b; 08-21-2016 at 10:18 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Might have to pull the lift pump fuse. I had a problem a time or two until I started pulled the fuse while loading.

Tuner in Training
    Ran into the same problem earlier this year, I ended up having to charge the shit out of the batteries to get it to load. Dim all the lights maybe pull LP fuse, turn radio off, etc. Seems like the ecm is extremely picky about voltage.

Tuner in Training
    Try pulling the ABS fuses, you may have some chatter on the BUS causing problems.

Thanks for the advise guys, I will try these when I get back to the truck later this week. Thanks again

Potential Tuner
    It use to happen to me all the time. Support told me to unhook my batteries for a couple minutes. It worked.

Now I pull the LP fuse with charger on truck and make sure my computer is fully charged. Haven't had the problem since.