Thread: help newbe trying very hard.

Tuner in Training

help newbe trying very hard.

Good day all, Im trying to do the afr error and it seems either Im spinning my wheels or im not being patient enough. I have read many tutorials and I think I have cramed so much im going into overload. I don't want to hurt the engine, its a new build. Gen 3 408 with lsa blower and BTR stg3 cam. 9.8:1 comp. Im on log #11 and as I stated before it seems to be doing very little changes. Im copying then pasting special by half. Please look over tune and log to make sure I haven't forgot to turn off some form of other fueling and graph is correct. thanks again for your time.1st hard.hplafr error 11.hpt
    Last edited by amiller3831; 08-19-2016 at 09:06 AM.

Moved to gen 3 section. You'll get a lot more views over here.

Also post the layout you are using.

What kind of WB are you using? Did you enable it in your channels. In looking at your log, I didn't see any values come up in MAF Err. I would guess you have not properly set up your Wide Band 02 in the Channels.

Tuner in Training
    thanks schpenxel. Jggregory im not using a maf. thanks for your reply

Tuner in Training
    denali tune config.Layout.xmlThanks schpenxel. Jggregory im not using a maf. Thanks
    Last edited by amiller3831; 08-19-2016 at 09:08 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Went back through chart set-up and it appears I had map set-up in psi instead of kpa....Would that make a difference?

None of the charts in the layout you posted are setup in psi.

If your channel list has MAP in PSI, that is fine.. doesn't make any difference because it knows it's PSI and can be changed over to kpa or whatever other unit is needed in your graphs
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    im sorry its the channel not chart, but I don't think that would make a difference by what you are explaining. Also what about smoothing the chart after pasting.

Yeah if it's just the channel set to psi then that's no problem, it'll convert as needed to the units used in charts, graphs, etc.

I usually take whatever trends I'm seeing and try to apply those to any cells I don't hit in the MAF graph and also smooth everything some. If you look at the MAF table in "2D Graph" view you can kind of see where you have jumps up and down.. it should be fairly smooth
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    Figured it out, i was ignoring the alcohol open loop eq ratio table. Made all those 1.00 and retouched P.E. tables and wha la fueling is starting to match comanded afrs.

Also in the beginning, you may just want to paste special, multiply by %, and wait on the multiply by %-1/2 till your super close, but I am having my own issues, so take that for what it's worth.