Thread: Copy and paste?

Copy and paste?

The copy and paste function is a real pain.
    When using a compare file to write a base tune you can't paste tables directly from buttons ( tabs, icons or whatever you call them)
    You need to open every table, highlight, copy, do the same with the file you want to paste into, then paste. Huge waste of time. You used to be able to just right click on the button and "copy table" and " paste table"
    It makes copying a tune file take at least twice as long.
    Is there something I'm missing here?
    Thanks
    A&A CORVETTE PERFORMANCE
    477 LAMBERT ST
    OXNARD CA 93036
    WWW.AACorvette.com

A&A CORVETTE SUPERCHARGER SYSTEMS

SUPERIOR ENGINEERING- SUPERIOR POWER
    SUPERIOR PRICING- SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT

[email protected] 805- 278 4107 Toll Free- 1 888 VETTEPRO

It's disabled I think because so many similar applications have different axis values and you can get screwed up so they make you open it.

Senior Tuner
    I've just been in the view comparison differences and just right click on any tables or whole areas like all spark tables at once and copy over selected differences

Tuner
    That's how you do it for fast and efficient bases.

Comparison Log, easiest way to copy over differences.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Senior Tuner
    Kieth, This doesn't really apply when your trying to copy one table to another. Like the high octane to low octane. Matching shift tables. Hell copying from my own spread sheets used to be a right click paste to apply data.. now it is open, click on first cell, then paste. It is a huge pain for us who do this daily.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Quote Originally Posted by Andy@A&A View Post
    The copy and paste function is a real pain.
    When using a compare file to write a base tune you can't paste tables directly from buttons ( tabs, icons or whatever you call them)
    You need to open every table, highlight, copy, do the same with the file you want to paste into, then paste. Huge waste of time. You used to be able to just right click on the button and "copy table" and " paste table"
    It makes copying a tune file take at least twice as long.
    Is there something I'm missing here?
    Thanks
    If you're just copying directly from another tune you can use the comparison log. Open new tune. Compare, open compare file.

Then go to compare-->view comparison log

Right click on any item or group of items you want to copy over and hit copy over selected differences and it will do it.

Not ideal if you're trying to copy table A to table B.. but for copying table A from one tune to another it works great.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    Kieth, This doesn't really apply when your trying to copy one table to another. Like the high octane to low octane. Matching shift tables. Hell copying from my own spread sheets used to be a right click paste to apply data.. now it is open, click on first cell, then paste. It is a huge pain for us who do this daily.
    Exactly. Turn that copy/paste back on. I really don't care if someone stupid screws up axis values and such, we aren't kids.