Thread: Not the usual cruise control question

Potential Tuner

Not the usual cruise control question

Hi all, did a search, looks like a lot of cruise control questions regarding it not working anymore after scaling, mine is a little different...

Does anyone know, with the VCM tuner, can I access/change the cruise control table? I believe it is controlled by PCM on these trucks...

Looking to make it less aggressive/ less throttle percentage on small grades. Want to make sure I can do this before I drop the $ to buy the tuner, even though i know once I get it, i will find a million things to do with it.

I have a 2004 Suburban 1500 4x4 with 5.3 and 4l60E

Thanks!

Someone can correct me if I am wrong but I only found like 2 tables that deal with the "Cruise" function, both on the transmission side. One for part throttle shift speeds and the other for TCC apply/release speeds.

I'm not sure you'll be able to do what you want with it. It's worth the money to own a tuner if you want to learn more about tuning and how to made these vehicles perform better or more towards your liking.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.