Thread: Data injector 58 lb mustang coyote

Tuner in Training

Data injector 58 lb mustang coyote

I'm working on a tune of a 15 mustang 5.0 coyote with whipple, has 58lb bosch injectors, and has a pulled at 3000 rpm, I have an error in data injector appreciate someone can help me with this data injector.

Please post a log.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

Advanced Tuner
    Don't they use the MU52's from the GT500?(52#@39psi) which would be close to 58@55psi...

Tuner in Training
    I made the change and flow rate , and completely change the mix, a lot of gas in low and low to high. The truth tune works well at low and high revs , but to 2500-3000 rpm or 35-40% pedal ago one pulled .
    In another post I will send a file scanner.

Any help thank them .
    Last edited by felix09; 08-20-2016 at 02:51 PM.

Tuner in Training
    This is the file scanner with failure
    Attached Files Attached Files

Did you ever get this sorted out?

A lot of Coyote blower kits use the MU52 injectors. But I know of one tuner who refuses to tune those injectors on Coyote engines, citing a lack of calibration data. With so many big brands using them, even those with close calibration ties to Ford, how can they be "bad".

I was trying to compare the injectors (stock Coyote vs MU52). They are both EV14 injectors, right? I know the fuel systems are different (39 vs 55 psi). Injector flow rate scales pretty linearly with rail pressure, so that should be easily compensated for. Operating an injector at higher pressures can definitely affect the transient opening/closing response. But Bosch shows the max system pressure of EV14 injectors at 8 bar. I must be missing something...