Thread: PCM Drivability problems

Potential Tuner

Unhappy PCM Drivability problems

I'm having problems with my 07 sierra classic , for a while now I've been hunting to solve my P0101 problem, I have the GM service manual and followed the flow chart and still haven't been able to resolve the check engine light related to this code (P0101). I have replace just about every thing imaginable; MAF sensor 4 times (all new AC Delco) New Ac delco MAP sensor, new intake manifold and gaskets , new paper air filter, checked all hoses/intake tubes for cracks and vacuum leaks on the engine. Nothing seems to work.. after some reading, I was thinking that the PCM may be having problems because I found out recently that my cooling fans for the A/C do not turn on when I turn the switch on the dash to the on position. Just a thought that the PCM could be the culprit , So I decided to check the connection on the pcm, after disconnecting the battery and removing the PCM I check the pins for corrosion and everything appears okay. After reinstalling the PCM and hooking the battery back up , I ran some errands and had no problems. On my way home the truck began to have a crazy shift pattern and the engine would cut out briefly as if it had a electrical problem and come back on, this got worse the closer I got to home with the dash lights dimming and engine surging/cutting out that was taking place. Furstrated and tired I waited till today to look at it again and took a log of it doing the same thing again. There are brief spikes where the rpm's drop but the throttle remains constant. Any one experience this before? Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    It's just a thought, but your MAP (not MAF) has strange downward spikes in the 1st log, e.g. at 14:44:126 and on. -Can it have a bad connection or ? I don't see why it would drop like that when everything is reasonably constant. And on that 2nd log its at 10, should be more like 30+ at idle...?

kr D.
    99 TA, Texas Speed LS376, PRC heads, 233/239 cam, Fast 92mm, 95mm TB, card style MAF, Tick TR6060, Strange 4.11 12 bolt axle & clutchpack diff, Strano springs/dampers, Vette 18" wheels, Vette disks, CTS-V calipers, 16lb flywheel, long tube headers, no cats.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks, replaced the MAP sensor and the PCM. Seems to have solved the drivabilty problems I was having.