Thread: How can I calibrate my DBW LS2 TB?

How can I calibrate my DBW LS2 TB?

My throttle position start at 23% when not touching the pedal and it reaches 100% at 3/4 of pedal travel. The result is when I do WOT I will pass this limit and the ECU sets DTC code P1516 Throttle Actuator Control Module Throttle Actuator Position Performance and closes the TB. The result is "limp home mode". I connected my scanner trying to monitor the Throttle Position Sensor (0-5V), but that shows 0V all the time despite the throttle blade is moving. I'm new to the HP Tuner so I guess I've missed something. I have two questions:

1) How do I get the Throttle Position Sensor reading (0-5V)?
    2) What is the procedure to calibrate Throttle Position to get 0 - 100%?

Many thanks for any hint on how to proceed!

Advanced Tuner
    Use the ETC Scalar value to calibrate the size of the TB

Thank you HackAbuse for your suggestion, but now I 've got a little bit further by logging Throttle Position and Accelerator Pedal Position and there are two odd things appears.

1) The Throttle Position start at 23% (in the log, in reality it is closed)
    2) The Accelerator Pedal Position starts at 0% and ends at 130%!

Once I start pushing the pedal down, the two values follows each other well up to nearly 100%. But when I continue to push the pedal above 100% the computer sets "limp home" mode when pedal reaches 120%. The pedal end value is 135%!

Why is the pedal end value 135% and how can this end value be re-calibrated to 100%?

Here is the log that shows what i tried to explain: test3-log.hpl
    Last edited by bson; 08-18-2016 at 10:33 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Any chance you could post the tune itself?

Sure HackAbuse, here it is
    Attached Files Attached Files

I've found out what my problem is. My tb is a 87mm truck (not a LS2 as I said previously) and the TPS on that one delivers 1.5V at idle and 4V at WOT. These values are not within acceptable range for a Corvette 1998 TAC module. I have to build an interface transforming existing levels to 0.65V idle and 4.5V WOT, or buy a some truck TAC module. Any other suggestion or is this the way to go?

From what I have found out on Gen 3 truck(05 Silverado),the Pedal and TAC module have to be from the same year/model. My experience with the T/B is that you can use a Gen 4 T/B (6 wire) on a Gen 3 (8 wire) with an X link adapter.Or use the Gen 3 T/B. I don`t know if this applies to other Gen 3 vehicles or not.Here is a link to my latest T/B issues:
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...-Body-question
    I think your mis match of parts is the cause of your readings being off.
    Hope this helps.

Thanks, your comments confirmed that the problem really is what I suspected. A mismatch between the TPS in the throttle body and the TAC module.