Thread: anyone want to take a look at my tune/log?

Potential Tuner

anyone want to take a look at my tune/log?

I've been building my 66 Chevy II for 10 years, life got in the way and now I'm back and trying to finish it. LS1/LS6 intake, March underdrive damper, TCI mid length 1 3/4" headers, fuddle 3400 stall, Comp XR281HR/112LS 918 springs.

I've finished up all the wiring and trying to get it to idle good, in park/neutral and in gear. It's not driveable yet so I can run it down the road and scan it. My only concern (unless you guys see more) is the ignition timing fluctuation and the O2/STFT/LTFT fluctuations.

I'm on the fence of buying a wideband O2 setup but am also just considering getting it running good enough to take it to a shop and dyno tune it/or in worst case, trailer it down.my tune modified from another tune (6) set idle to 850.hptafter (6) adjust idle to 850 rpms.hpl
    66 Chevy II, LS1/4L60e, Comp XR281HR/918 springs, LS6 intake, Long tube headers X-ovr, Fuddle 3200 stall, 9" Currie built, detroit trutrac loacker, Caltracs, 4wheel disc, Vintage Air Gen IV A/C setup, Dakota Digital dash.

Advanced Tuner
    "I'm no expert.."... but..

You might want to tweak the ignition overspeed/underspeed tables. The overspeed one is especially high. Make them a bit more progressive & not high values...

You can check that the idle timing is around right values by using the scanner controls turn off adapive idle, and/or to 'lock' the timing at some set value and see how it behaves. The high octane spark table looks a bit peaky in places, got troughs etc., in fact the low oct. one looks better(?)

The LTFT etc. just looks like what you'd see if it's not had the VE/MAF tables fully set yet?

kr Dermot.
    99 TA, Texas Speed LS376, PRC heads, 233/239 cam, Fast 92mm, 95mm TB, card style MAF, Tick TR6060, Strange 4.11 12 bolt axle & clutchpack diff, Strano springs/dampers, Vette 18" wheels, Vette disks, CTS-V calipers, 16lb flywheel, long tube headers, no cats.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dermotw View Post
    "I'm no expert.."... but..

You might want to tweak the ignition overspeed/underspeed tables. The overspeed one is especially high. Make them a bit more progressive & not high values...

You can check that the idle timing is around right values by using the scanner controls turn off adapive idle, and/or to 'lock' the timing at some set value and see how it behaves. The high octane spark table looks a bit peaky in places, got troughs etc., in fact the low oct. one looks better(?)

The LTFT etc. just looks like what you'd see if it's not had the VE/MAF tables fully set yet?

kr Dermot.
    Thanks for the look. I learned a lot from just making those adjustments. I locked timing (forgot I had that option) and the trims where still all over the place. Made some over/under adjustments and then tweeked the VE/MAF table a few times. Timing only fluctuates about 3 degrees now and idle about 50 rpms, a lot better than the 14 degrees and 120 rpm fluctuation, so with time I think I can get it better or at least i will be good enough to drive it, even seems to be good when putting it through the gears.
    66 Chevy II, LS1/4L60e, Comp XR281HR/918 springs, LS6 intake, Long tube headers X-ovr, Fuddle 3200 stall, 9" Currie built, detroit trutrac loacker, Caltracs, 4wheel disc, Vintage Air Gen IV A/C setup, Dakota Digital dash.