Thread: Turbo 5.3 Suburban

Tuner in Training

Turbo 5.3 Suburban

Just put this suburban together for a friend. Mods are, 243 heads ported, tsp 228r cam, deka 60lb injectors and On3 turbo kit. I had a fun time getting the injector data right. And, I feel the voltage offset may still be incorrect. The truck falls on it's face under steady throttle. Seems like it's getting a little better. But, I have too much time into this.

If anyone could assist, it would be greatly appreciated. I could even compensate someone to help me through this one.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I see your MAP is stuck at 105 kpa, doesn't change at all.

You should set your 3 MAF DTC's to fail on first error to know it's always in SD.

VE table needs help, wideband shows it trying to run at 10-11 afr which can be because of the MAP problem and VE table.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for the reply. I used a cobalt supercharger inlet sensor. Which is a 2 bar. From the info I could gather, the map should be set at 200kpa linear and 10.33kpa offset. Maybe this is part of the problem?

Tuner in Training
    Ok, I'm in trouble. I went back to the stock ve table. And, now I can't get it to idle. I had maf fail set wrong along with the dtc's. I tried adjusting base running airflow to get it to idle. No luck. I've adjusted the ve after a couple short logs and it is still so rich it's smoking. What am I missing that is commanding fuel to be so rich?

Advanced Tuner
    If your MAP isn't reading correctly, the vehicle is going to run like dirt. I recently had a customer that had done shoddy wiring on a swap where his map was reading a fixed value for a couple of weeks before he figured it out. Truck ran like a DOG until the MAP was repaired

Tuner in Training
    All of the map sensors I could find out about are the cobalt ss sensors. This one is the sc inlet pressure sensor. I pulled it from a running car. Supposed to be plug and play. Unless someone knows otherwise. I'm going to look at another option. Thank you

Tuner in Training
    And, that was the confusion. It is NOT the cobalt supercharger inlet pressure sensor. It is the barometric pressure sensor. We're finally rolling and dialing in ve. Thanks for chiming in guys.

Tuner in Training
    Why would my calculated air mass be stuck at .08 g/cyl. Shouldn't the maf being failed cause the map and throttle position to calculate the air mass?

Advanced Tuner
    Got a log to reference?

Tuner in Training
    Sorry, was driving and posted from cell.

Just a side note, because you aren't running a MAF just remove those from the channel display because you don't need them anymore. Also add intake air temp to the channels, that's good to know for tuning. Hopefully you added a IAT sensor back in if you removed the MAF, it needs that to make calculations in SD.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    That's the answer I was looking for. I was under the impression the map and throttle were calculating. I'll post results in a bit. Thank you

It uses those two things as well to make it's calculations.

More or less just saying it needs to know intake temps too and if you aren't running one, you need one.

You can read this too, it may help you setup your scanner, so you can make a AFR error to tune your VE table.

http://michigansnowmobiler.com/hptun...ons%20rev2.pdf