Thread: Need some help please!

Potential Tuner

Need some help please!

I have a 2006 MN6 Corvette with 3900 miles. It has the following mods: kooks header package, a moderately aggressive cam, FAST intake, LPE intake, and it has been tuned with HP tuners software. I did not tune it myself and do not have the software but I am hoping someone on this forum can help. A few days after installing the cam [before intakes were installed], I was driving along fine and came to a stop. As soon as the wheels stopped turning, my idle shot up to 2k and stayed there. When I am preparing to stop, it will fluctuate from 600 to 1200 rpms and then screams up to 2k when I stop. We have checked the car over thoroughly for vacuum leaks and find none; the IAC valve is fine; no problems with the throttle body; a hole was drilled in the throttle body and the problem was worse so we replaced the throttle body. The long and short of it is, when I come to a stop, the pcm is causing the throttle to go from 7% to 25% on its own and it stays there until I move again. My tuner has probably tried 20 programs and no change. Here's the interesting part, when I turn the a/c on, the revving to 2k thing goes away and the car runs fine with the exception of the surging when I push clutch in. All of the temps and everthing are within normal range. When cruising the car could not run better. It is stopping and staying stopped where I have the problems. If it helps, when I get in the car and am trying to move forward slowly to get out of a parking lot or something, the car bucks like crazy unless I go ahead and push the gas. I can't just roll along slowly. The faster I go, the better it runs. My tuner and I both are looking for answers. If anyone has experienced this or can relate in some way, please let me know. I love the mods that have been done but this thing is driving me nuts.

Robin

Advanced Tuner
    Is there any way you can get him to log the car as you experience the issue, then post the file here?
    2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifted
    Is there any way you can get him to log the car as you experience the issue, then post the file here?

I am taking it in on Monday and I will ask him about it. He is searching as hard as I am for an answer and solution so anything can't hurt at this point. Thanks.

Robin

Senior Tuner
    I am thinking, take a step back and thoroughly check
    for a vacuum leak in all that fancy new plumbing.

I have heard of this phenomenon with the manual trans 06 Vette. I haven't seen it personally but have heard of it from other Vette owners.

There "may" be a new operating system or updates for the ECM. If your tuner has a Tech2 and the latest GM updates for it there may be a fix available from him, or you can check with your dealership. If they update it, your tuner can then read the update & then copy all the original tuning to the new OS.

This doesn't actually sound like the result of tuning to me.

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune
    I have heard of this phenomenon with the manual trans 06 Vette. I haven't seen it personally but have heard of it from other Vette owners.

There "may" be a new operating system or updates for the ECM. If your tuner has a Tech2 and the latest GM updates for it there may be a fix available from him, or you can check with your dealership. If they update it, your tuner can then read the update & then copy all the original tuning to the new OS.

This doesn't actually sound like the result of tuning to me.

EC

Thanks so much for your response. I was beginning to think I was the lone ranger or something. It is soooooo frustrating so hopefully there will be a fix sometime soon or I may lose my mind. If you hear of anything, PLEASE let me know.

Robin