Thread: sO lOST

Tuner in Training

sO lOST

No directions on how to use the software. Just installed it and I am connected to my vehicle, but how to I download my factory tune?

Flash > Read vehicle will be what you want.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Flash > Read vehicle will be what you want.
    Sorry, but I do not see that anywhere on here?

Tuner in Training
    Main reason for buying this producgt was so that I could turn of VATS. Not seeing how to do that either.

You use the VCM editor, the scanner is for scanning only.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    OK, found it. Why am I getting a detect protocol failed message? I read one PCM in the truck and then switched it out to the second PCM to read it and compare. The first one read fine but saiid it was for a 4.8 (my engine is a 5.3 if thats a problem.

Tuner in Training
    Well that didn't take me long to totally screw something up. Truck would start and run for 5 seconds and dies. I read the PCM and now all it does is turn over like its not firing.

If you were unplugging computers from the harness you could have tripped the security feature in the PCM.

Protocal error is either a wiring problem/HPT hardware issue or computer issue.

I guess I don't understand why you are haiving problem, use the computer you want to run in the vehicle. Read it to obtain the file, then you can licence that file if you wish. From there you can disable the VATS system in the computer if you wish. Save the new "edited" file under a new name to keep your stock tune file on hand at all times. You can then write the tune file to the PCM with the editor.

Tuner in Training
    OK, where would I find the VATS? Also need to disable rear 02 sensors. Do you have a screen shot of where I can find that?

System Tab > Security control > Click the drop down and select none.

Engine Diag > DTC's > Will bring up all DTC codes. Find the ones you wish to turn off and disable them. Uncheck the SES box and click the error section and the drop down for each code. Click no error reported to turn off the code.

Tuner in Training
    making progress. Now when I try an d write, I get "Controller Unlocker Timed Out".

Log into your customer page on the MAIN HPT website, same place you went to register your MPVI.

Download the lastest build of 3.2 from today, I'd do this first.

Then try and do it over. Cycle the key, wait 15-20 seconds and then try and do a write to the computer.

Tuner in Training
    OK, will do. Am I suppose to cycle the key in between actions? This is on an 87 chevy truck.

Tuner in Training
    And dont get too far away from the computer 5FDP...I have a feeling I will need ya some more lol.

To me it doesn't matter the vehicle, I always cycle the key before I go to flash a new tune to the computer.

Most of your questions can be found searching the forum too, most of us are happy to guide people and show them some things but alot of the stuff should be covered too. Just takes some time to get things down and search for questions/answers if you have them.

Tuner in Training
    Its alive!!!!!! Running at least but needs a ton more work. CEL is on. How do I scan for codes?

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    scanner and you can see trouble codes and actual reading of parameters/whats engine doing
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161