Thread: Seems like PE is coming in late

Tuner

Seems like PE is coming in late

Could someone look at my tune and see what might be wrong. My PE is not coming in until after 4000rpm even though my PE delay is set at 5rpm.
    Attached Files Attached Files

You hot/cold pedal enable is 90%, you didn't get above 90% most of the time you where in the gas, so it was waiting for you to reach over that mark to enable it.

You'll also want to smooth out your VE and MAF curve, they are still a little choppy when you look at the 3D graph and airflow curve. It's causing your fueling to jump around alot.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Try these settings...the TPS is not the normal TPS%, it is Throttle opening effective area percent without the idle contribution. So the 12 will yield about a TPS% of 42 and the 8 is about 35%.

Ed M

2016-08-16 (3).png
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner
    Thanks guys. I knew there was something that I missed. This is my first ground up tune so I have expected some issues. 5FDP I was wandering about how my VE table looked in 3D. I'll sooth it then I go back to my MAF cal. It has been frustrating when trying to cal the MAF with the numbers jumping around a lot. Should I smooth just the effective area that I have been using or should I include the area higher in the rpm curve since it seems that I have such a high peak in the middle of the 3D graph? Thanks again for the help.

Advanced Tuner
    EDIT: Ahh, I see OP has an ETC? and then it's area, but on mine with cable is still really % right??? (hope so).

-D

Whoa! Mowton - is that so?? I <assumed> (never assume, sigh) it was TPS % in those tables because thats what the help text appears to say, but I did notice "anomalous results" as they say, when I set mine, and assumed (again!) that it was just me.

Grrr, bitten by another oddity, have to go change the values again then..

-D
    Last edited by dermotw; 08-17-2016 at 01:37 AM. Reason: oops
    99 TA, Texas Speed LS376, PRC heads, 233/239 cam, Fast 92mm, 95mm TB, card style MAF, Tick TR6060, Strange 4.11 12 bolt axle & clutchpack diff, Strano springs/dampers, Vette 18" wheels, Vette disks, CTS-V calipers, 16lb flywheel, long tube headers, no cats.

Quote Originally Posted by dermotw View Post
    EDIT: Ahh, I see OP has an ETC? and then it's area, but on mine with cable is still really % right??? (hope so).

-D

Whoa! Mowton - is that so?? I <assumed> (never assume, sigh) it was TPS % in those tables because thats what the help text appears to say, but I did notice "anomalous results" as they say, when I set mine, and assumed (again!) that it was just me.

Grrr, bitten by another oddity, have to go change the values again then..

-D
    I have to say, I didn't realize I was answering a Gen III question...sorry. I know the E38/67 throttle enables are effective area-idle contribution but have to be honest and say I don't remember that being true for Gen III setups...sorry. I am not sure but believe in this generation that it did represent the TPS%....

Again apologize for the most likely misinformation. Test on your setup. The higher MAP setting is still what you want and you want a throttle enable that is out of play early.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available

[email protected]

Tuner
    So let me make sure I understand. I should set my TPS% for Hot/Cold to 42% and 35% in the sells you had 12 and 8. The Kpa limit should be reset from 55kPa to 85kPa. Any thoughts on my question about smoothing the VE table.

Set throttle that way and log to see if below the 85 kPa Map criteria. You want the Map to be the deciding criteria for entering PE, not the throttle. As far as smoothing VE, search Forum. Dave Steck (DSteck)provided us a MAF and VE smoother which I use all the time. You may have to massage the axis values but will can return the shape of your VE to a more reasonable surface and stabilize your error collection/updating.

Ed M

[email protected]

Tuner
    Thanks Ed. I tried looking for the MAF VE smoother info you mentioned by DSpeck but had no luck. I did so many searches the forum would not let me do anymore LOL

Advanced Tuner
    The MAF smoother was maybe this one?

kr D.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    99 TA, Texas Speed LS376, PRC heads, 233/239 cam, Fast 92mm, 95mm TB, card style MAF, Tick TR6060, Strange 4.11 12 bolt axle & clutchpack diff, Strano springs/dampers, Vette 18" wheels, Vette disks, CTS-V calipers, 16lb flywheel, long tube headers, no cats.

Quote Originally Posted by gnnova View Post
    Thanks Ed. I tried looking for the MAF VE smoother info you mentioned by DSpeck but had no luck. I did so many searches the forum would not let me do anymore LOL
    Googled MAF Smoother and it was the first hit....

kr D has it....thanks man :-)

Ed M

[email protected]

Tuner
    Thanks everyone. I searched HP tuners and tried many combinations of DSpeck, VE, VE smoothing and MAF but got locked out before trying MAF Smoother and I had not tried using Google. Thanks Ed and dermotw.

Tuner in Training
    I went to that post but did not see links for the Excel sheets.