Thread: SD Tune plus a couple of log files- opinions please.

Tuner

SD Tune plus a couple of log files- opinions please.

So after some great help from the local knowledge base I've at least got a better running motor with the last tune i have flashed into it today, still running very rich but a vast improvement to last try.

Wonder if some would like to give me some pointers on the attached tune and log files.

First log file is after it had warmed up fairly well (make sure rich after flash was not evident), 2nd after stopping and start it again (not so good a run).

Specs-
    2.5 bar map (no maf whatsoever, inlet air temp plugged into factory loom with a VCM conversion cable)
    65lb Deatschwerks injectors (16U-00-0065-8)
    E38 ecm
    6L Motor, intercooled single turbo with a max boost at this point of 7psi.
    Aftermarket cam.

Thanks in advance.

Tuner
    What are you cam specs mate?

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    you will need to adjust your BRAF table to settle the adapting
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Codes View Post
    What are you cam specs mate?
    Codes i don't have the exact specs but my engine builder said it's pretty much the same specs as a VCM16- 233/238 @ 0.050" 114lsa

Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    you will need to adjust your BRAF table to settle the adapting
    Sultan, sorry to sound like a complete noob, which is the BRAF table?

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    shouldnt tackle something like this if your uncomfortable/knowledgeable

Idle
    Airflow
    base running airflow

take the column say from 1200 and paste it in 400 and interpolate as start

also make sure you dont have any leaks

you will then need to tune your coefficients then your maf transfer for a proper tune.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner
    Thanks for the reply Sultan.

I'm not tackling this alone, got a friend who has had a lot of tuning experience previously (motech, haltech etc) but none with using the Hptuners program to tune with.

Tuner
    So after doing some more research and adjusting a few things (idling much better) I've loaded another tune and worked up the courage to take it for a little drive, anyone able to give me some advice on where to head to now to dial it in some more and maybe get it ready to run into boost (waiting on my wideband getting here before this happens though).

Drove reasonable, was surging a little though when revs down cruising at a constant speed.

Tuner
    Bit of an update, have been doing a lot of research on here and decided to tackle my idle after finding and reading Bigmike's excellent tutorial.

Pretty happy so far as it is a great improvement but still needs a bit more fine tuning (stumbles at times, sometimes stalls when power steer is used), i just ran out of time today (tune and idle log attached).

Also took it for a soft run, noticed i was getting a slight bit of knock retard, is this an issue, should i drop my timing (log also attached)?

Any pointers or criticism from the knowledge bank?

Tuner
    Maybe build in a little more safety in the PE areas such as ramp in rate, maybe shoot for 1.7-1.9 for faster ramp in, PE Delay I run pretty low ie. under 5rpm. Your boost enrichment table is set at 1? I realise your not going into boost yet but fix it now so it doesn't slip your mind. Get the wideband in definitely.

Be aware of the ECT spark adder table in the lower ECT areas. Just some things at a glance.

With regard to knock, no knock is good knock. You need to utilise the scanner and try to isolate under what conditions this is occurring.

I think the VE still needs a little work but looking better. Look for trending areas.

Tuner
    Thanks Codes, will def do something with the areas you mention, still a lot of more reading on my behalf required for most of the tables, i've been trying to tackle one thing at a time.

Wideband has been a bit of a hold up, it should be here Monday at the latest I'm hoping (it's in the post now).

I haven't touched the VE table as yet, was hoping to get idle sorted and a few other items then see if i can do some VVE.

Tuner
    Just going back through my latest tune log now (after changes as per Codes suggestions) and still seeing some knock at times (very minimal), wondering if i am actually getting knock or is it actually false knock as i have not changed any of the knock sensor settings from factory after all the mods (headers, turbo, cam, injectors etc).

Time for some searching and reading.

Tuner
    Good work, the factory settings are a bit over the top so you can take some sensitivity away, just don't abuse it to get rid of knock is all. Your on the right track though, determine if the knock is real, using the scanner, isolate under what conditions it is occurring. I haven't looked at your knock table yet.

Tuner
    Well wideband turned up surprisingly on Friday so it's now permanently installed, tested this arvo and all's working well it seems

Log file attached from an idle in the garage this arvo, anything else i should really be scanning to get the most out of it?