Thread: Idle LT trim high causing a rich AFR

Potential Tuner

Idle LT trim high causing a rich AFR

I just installed a TSP 224/228 LSA 112 into my 2002 LS1 automatic Camaro. The Camaro is basically stock. I tune the base running airflow, primary VE and the MAF calibration tables. The car is running fine, but I notice the AFR dropping while idling. The AFR with the stock cam was about 14.5 at idle. With this cam, the car?s AFR drops into 13.5 range when it idles. When I drive the car, the AFR is around 14.4 and when I come to a stop the AFR is about 14.3. If I continue to idle it will drop to 13.6. The strange part is the reason for the drop in AFR appears to be an increase in the LT trims. They are about 2 when the initial idle AFR is 14.3 and then over time increase to 12 and the AFR drops to 13.6. I do not know why. I tried recalibrating the MAF at the idle air flow frequency, but it does not appear to have any effect. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    John

Log
    Tune
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Potential Tuner
    I have attached the tune and the log files. If you look at the log it starts out with RPM of approx. 1243 with 3.5% throttle. I let off the throttle and the RPM drop down to target value of approximately 800. The AFR is at 13.7 with LT Fuel trim at 9%. My non-idle LT fuel trims run +/- 2. As it continues to idle, the LT fuel trim continue to increase to 25%. The AFR also increase to around 14.2. However, my AFR gauge reads 13.8. What do I need to adjust? I tried adjusting my MAF freq curve up or down, but nothing seems to work.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Regardless of what your wideband is reading, the narrowband O2's are oscillating, so the computer is behaving "correctly" based on the info it's getting from the O2 sensors. My first thought was it was just going haywire and added fuel for no apparent reason, but that isn't the case.

Have you tried reducing the VE table as well? As a "rough" test I'd try something like 20 or 25% reduction of the lower ends of both the VE and MAF tables. Obviously don't go driving around WOT like this.. I'm just curious to see if it will make a difference.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock