Thread: Idle issue after LJS Cam swap

Idle issue after LJS Cam swap

Trying to get idle under control at idle. I'm noticing in the logs I'm getting massive swings in advance which I think is causing the bucking at idle. Ive tried adjusting the usual things as per a lot of write-ups on the forum car was just dyno tuned yesterday. any help or advice is appreciated. attached is my current tune and scan

GXPCAMchg.hpt

cam2.hpl
    06 Grand Prix GXP, LS4-full bolt ons, Tuned by me

You've made the spark idle adapt tables MORE aggressive--that is the opposite of what you want to do

You literally have it set to add 5* of timing at 0 RPM idle error, and to also subtract 5* of timing at 0 RPM idle error.. so it has no choice but to swing timing around like crazy.

Set them back to stock. If anything you'll want to make the first few cells of all the tables closer to 0 so it's not reacting to every little variation in idle RPM

What are the cam specs?
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

I should've posted that. It's a 5.3 block stock 243 heads cam is 222/227 113LSA

Tuning Addict
    Just dyno-tuned??? Do you also have stumbles when going wot from a stand still or from the 1000 to 2000 rpm areas...

I'm beginning to agree more and more with Howard - Tuner's should at least to some degree be required to take classes or pass some sort of test or something... Not even sure what this tuner may have been thinking by making some of these changes - only thing I can think of is that he didn't understand or have a clue as to what the tables actually do?

Listen to Schpenxel - put the spark over/under tables all back to stock to start with - you'll also want to look at the min air tables - I don't have a clue as to what he was compensating or making up for there? Didn't have a stock tune to compare it to... No way the idle air and torque tables are right with those settings...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Just dyno-tuned??? Do you also have stumbles when going wot from a stand still or from the 1000 to 2000 rpm areas...

I'm beginning to agree more and more with Howard - Tuner's should at least to some degree be required to take classes or pass some sort of test or something... Not even sure what this tuner may have been thinking by making some of these changes - only thing I can think of is that he didn't understand or have a clue as to what the tables actually do?

Listen to Schpenxel - put the spark over/under tables all back to stock to start with - you'll also want to look at the min air tables - I don't have a clue as to what he was compensating or making up for there? Didn't have a stock tune to compare it to... No way the idle air and torque tables are right with those settings...
    No stumble though it pulls hard. I'm going to try these changes out in a bit
    06 Grand Prix GXP, LS4-full bolt ons, Tuned by me