Thread: another new guy

Potential Tuner

another new guy

ok so ive been lurking on here for a while, I read about 48327 different threads on here about beginning tuning, and watched about 399 crappy youtube videos of people attempting to explain/teach whats going on. but here I am. I have limited knowledge with tuning, so speak very simple please ha.

the vehicle. its a swapped truck with a 1998 trans am 5.7 LS1 and 4L60e.. now.. it has a 2004(?) truck intake and injectors on it as well as the truck MAF (don't ask my why, i dont know why, its not my truck ha) it has some sort of tiny cam in it. its something like a 219 or 220 cam.

now the tune.. I have a stock truck 5.3 computer that I saved the tune off of, then I copy pasted almost everything into the 98 LS1 ecu, in the attempt to catch everything that's different between the two and then tune it from there. injector tables, maf grams, everything I could possibly find.. I got it to idle somewhat, and got it to start up, but its super lean and is always calling for it to be more lean. im not sure whats going on. so I would really like some imput here. like I said I tried to read all the tutorials I could, and there are a couple of good ones on here, but most "how tos" I find, assume that the person who is working with HP Tuners has either 1. never seen a computer and needs to be told how to turn it on and how to click on things in the program or 2. is a computer programmer and knows where everything is in the software with their eyes closed. anyways, here is my abortion of a tune I have on this thing now, and 2 running files. I really appreciate the help and hope to learn from, and as well as give back to this community.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Anyone? Any help at all?

Hi, I'm new also, ...the blower car I run has a tune by a professional. Now I have HP pro at home and will tweak it as time goes on. Sounds like a trip to an experienced tuner to get it fired up would be a good idea after looking at your files. Not sure but looks like several things are missing. It's all an equation of time verses money!
    Good Luck!

Tuner
    Not sure why you are saying its lean, your commanding 14.63, your wideband is reading 12.8 for the most part, which is rich. Is the wideband setup correctly in the channels as the afr seems too flat meaning it isn't fluctuating much, something is not right.

You have failed the maf, so your tuning the VE, verify its in speed density by either looking at DTC's or zero the maf data above idle, blip the throttle, if it stalls, bogs, won't rev then your still referencing maf table and it hasn't failed. This is just a sanity check.

When you fail the maf the secondary VE table will be used, so adjust this table for speed density tuning. When it's dialled in you will need to copy this table to the primary table and interpolate between map resolution differences.

Can you post your layout file please.