Thread: VE Tuning 2004 GTO cam'd

Tuner in Training

VE Tuning 2004 GTO cam'd

So I've been trying to get my VE table done in my car for weeks on and off. I've logged hundreds of miles and can't get it where I want it. Something isn't right and it's just not jumping out at me. Whenever I do a log, I copy the scanner histogram and multiply it by half into my VE table. Yet sometimes it will do nothing, or it will do what I expect it to, or it will completely blow my mind and go from 5% rich to 10% lean. I'm beginning to think maybe I should stop trying to use the wideband and tune the table off of fuel trims. Which brings me to my next point. I started logging Fuel Trim Cell and noticed that when cruising it's displaying 22 and at idle its 20. That doesn't make sense to me. Anyways, if anyone could help or point me in the right direction that'd be awesome. I've been dealing with this for far too long and just want to be able to get to the point where I can do some WOT tuning and hit the track before winter lol. Here's my files as well as my mod list...

2004 Pontiac GTO LS1 6 speed with ~38k miles
    Awespeed OTRCAI
    Kooks LT with catless mids
    Borla Catback
    PRC 2.5 heads
    Magicstick 3 cam
    42lb injectors(rated at 3 bar)
    Underdrive pulley
    LS7 lifters wih 7.450 pushrods
    AEM UEGO wideband
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yeah something isn't right, the VE isn't sloped very well with way too high of numbers in the upper rpm region.

You also need to set your MAF dtc's to fail on first error to put it in to SD. Code p0103 should be present.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 08-10-2016 at 10:03 PM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I didn't really touch those upper RPM's as it was my understanding that the VE table isn't used up there? I've only been messing with the 3200 and lower columns. Also I didn't know that the error code prevents it from going to SD. I thought that was just a little notification to you to make you aware that you are in fact in SD.