Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Burst knock issue

I thought BKR was there to prevent the potentially, anticipated knock that could occur with the sudden inrush of air. I see a lot of folks disable this entirely, as well as I did, because we don't get that anticipated knock (at least I've never seen KR because of stabbing the throttle). Is there any other reason to keep this enabled?
    2013 Camaro LSX433 with TFS 245cc cat heads
    AGP 65/65 Twin Turbos into BTR Equalizer intake
    BTR 237/247 .610"/.601" 116+5 (10* overlap) cam
    ID-1700x on AGP Fore Triple w/ Flex Fuel sensor
    Cortex EBC | n2mb WOT box | custom anti-lag

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rjw View Post
    so, do have yours enabled?
    I have mine disabled. But I am trying to get it working again. I was running a SD tune and tried to enable it. It went bat-shit crazy on me and kept triggering. Clearly something was off in the tune for it to work correctly. I am now dialing in my MAF and will then try to turn it on again to see if the SD tune had something to do with it.
    2010 Camaro LS3
    Kenne Bell 2.8 Supercharger
    BTR stage 3 PDS Torque Cam
    Frankenstein M311 heads
    9:1 forged rotating assembly
    Speed Engineering Headers
    ID1000 Injectors
    Twin return fuel fuel pump
    PLX Wideband
    HP Tuners

Quote Originally Posted by cc-rider View Post
    Does anyone know if the fact that I'm running a SD tune with the MAF shut off have anything to do with this issue I'm seeing (where BK is repeatedly triggered)? Perhaps it needs the MAF to work properly?
    I have the same car, engine, different PD blower, and yes the Burst Knock doesn't work right without the MAF. I get the exact same harsh timing pull, continuously in SD mode. You need the MAF for it to work right. I played with the Burst Knock a little bit, but didnt help, and read somewhere this is just the way E38's are in these cars.
    Last edited by 10_SS; 08-29-2016 at 09:03 PM.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks 10_ss. I figured it had to do something with the MAF. It was absolutely clear that it was useless in SD mode. Good to have this confirmed.

I'm now afraid that the burst knock function is intertwined with predictive coefficients. Which it seems nobody has figured out yet. Going to dial in my MAF a bit more and try turn on BKR again (with predictive coeff's still zeroed out) and see what happens.
    2010 Camaro LS3
    Kenne Bell 2.8 Supercharger
    BTR stage 3 PDS Torque Cam
    Frankenstein M311 heads
    9:1 forged rotating assembly
    Speed Engineering Headers
    ID1000 Injectors
    Twin return fuel fuel pump
    PLX Wideband
    HP Tuners