Thread: Dodge Ram 6.7 Cummins 2015-16 Ecu unlock methos how to

Tuner in Training

Dodge Ram 6.7 Cummins 2015-16 Ecu unlock methos how to

Hi
    I ask all here, and also support , why not show us what is the method to unlock Dodge Rams 6.7, as if all tuners will know, alot of file we all will do, as the method of sending ecu oversea or long distance is not realistic, and in the end all Dodge customer go and do tune with BullyDog or other 3rd equipment, instead of if we knew how to unlock, all tunes was will stay here, what you think guys ??

I think we are all going to have a hard time understanding what you are saying and what you mean.

Now that I had some time to think about and understand what you said.... you do bring up a good point. How is it that other programmers can unlock your ECU but with HP you need to send it to them? Maybe it's a hardware limitation of the system. But why are you asking about a vehicle and year that isn't supported yet?
    Last edited by Turbo_Mike; 08-12-2016 at 04:24 PM.
    2003 305/555 QCSB Cummins
    Piston/rod/sleeve/fire ring/dual CP3/300 overs
    Super Stick NV5600
    S366/S480

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo_Mike View Post
    I think we are all going to have a hard time understanding what you are saying and what you mean.

Now that I had some time to think about and understand what you said.... you do bring up a good point. How is it that other programmers can unlock your ECU but with HP you need to send it to them? Maybe it's a hardware limitation of the system. But why are you asking about a vehicle and year that isn't supported yet?
    He may be confusing the GAS PCM unlock service with the Cummins platform. Two different animals.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo_Mike View Post

If you working with Dodge Diesel cummins you should know i meant for 2015 year and up years, as this ecus are locked, and my point to bring it up, cause we loose all the jobs to other products in the market that pluge and play via obd, so if we knew how to unlock this ecu we all have alot of works, that what i mean,

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    If you working with Dodge Diesel cummins you should know i meant for 2015 year and up years, as this ecus are locked, and my point to bring it up, cause we loose all the jobs to other products in the market that pluge and play via obd, so if we knew how to unlock this ecu we all have alot of works, that what i mean,
    I think the only way people are unlocking the Cummins is with Bully Dog and a unlock cable and there is a connector under the hood you use to unlock them. The gassers have to be opened up and done through some pins on the board. The equipment to do this is expensive but maybe a market for it overseas.

Potential Tuner
    Fleece also offers an unlock service for the 13+ cummins ECMs if you don't want to buy the BD tuner. The unlock is also thru the J1939 connector on the engine, not just thru the diagnostic port

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Road View Post
    I think the only way people are unlocking the Cummins is with Bully Dog and a unlock cable and there is a connector under the hood you use to unlock them. The gassers have to be opened up and done through some pins on the board. The equipment to do this is expensive but maybe a market for it overseas.
    The Smarty Touch and Raceme Ultra, also unlock the ECM, while tuning.

Paul