Thread: ECM TCM Marriage, 5.3 lc9 swap to 6.0 ly6

ECM TCM Marriage, 5.3 lc9 swap to 6.0 ly6

Need some wisdom here. I should be finally firing this project up on Wednesday, and i was curious if anyone has done a similar swap, and if so, what ECM TCM setup you used. My friend's 5.3 busted a lifter, and so we decided to swap it for a 6.0. I have both computers, and so......

1st option would be to swap all the 6.0 info into the 5.3 ecm and not worry about the TCM marriage.

2nd option would be to plug in the 6.0 ly6 ecm and assume it will automatically marry the ECM and TCM, or assume its an easy process.

My plan right now is option 1, but i'm curious on any info with marrying/pairing ECM to TCM's.
    Custom '85 Crew Cab Short Bed Lq4 swap
    '06 Turbo Vortec Maxx
    '87 Military K3500 LQ4 swap
    '96 K1500 lq4 swap, Howard Cam (216/224 @ .050, .551/.551, 114), Centerforce Dual Friction

Sad to see that nobody has chimed in on this, but that's ok. I have wore google out trying to learn what i can, with the little time i have had, during the plant shutdown at work we've had going on. From all the forums that are out there, I have gathered all the info i could and have started compiling a list of interchangeable ECM OS's and a list of interchangeable TCM OS's. I am still working on an ECM to TCM compatible list. Here is my compilation up till now. If anybody has an ECM or TCM OS numbers, the year, vehicle, motor size etc... that's not on this list, let me know, and i'll update it. Any rules or informative tidbits are welcome as i will add those too. I'll continue to build and update this ECM/TCM OS Interchange & Compatibility list hoping it can serve as a valuable reference to all of us! At some point if this list ever does become fairly complete, i'll start a new thread labeled as just a ECM TCM OS database.
    GEN IV ECM TCM OS DATABASE.xlsx
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ranger6202; 08-13-2016 at 03:50 PM.
    Custom '85 Crew Cab Short Bed Lq4 swap
    '06 Turbo Vortec Maxx
    '87 Military K3500 LQ4 swap
    '96 K1500 lq4 swap, Howard Cam (216/224 @ .050, .551/.551, 114), Centerforce Dual Friction