Thread: LS3 mafless tune?

LS3 mafless tune?

I'm looking to upgrade my car from an LS1 based engine to an LS3 based one. This includes updating to a newer PCM. I'm starting to research what tuning options there are for the LS3 PCM's. I'm currently running the 1 bar custom OS on my gen 3 FBody PCM. Does anything like that exists for the LS3 based PCMs? If so, could someone point me in the right direction? If not, what is the process for tuning without a MAF in the LS3 based PCMs? I'd like to remain mafless.

Many thanks!

Tuning Addict
    You can do a custom OS for the ls3 or just tune the vve with the built in tool within the hpt program... Either/or should work fine...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Yes you could or you can upgrade to a speed density tune on a GEN 4 computer if it's able to on whatever computer you run.

GEN 4's run a VVE and MAF on them, there is no primary VE table anymore with GEN 4's and that's why a OS upgrade could be wanted. Look at a few tunes from the repository to see the large difference in the way the tables look.

I like the GEN 3 tables more, perhaps a dummer computer but the tables are easier to deal with in my eyes. I'd build a GEN 3 engine over switching, but that's just me.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    no need to change the PCM, but i would rebuild Gen3 for sure
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    no need to change the PCM, but i would rebuild Gen3 for sure
    ....Agree with Sultan , no need to change the PCM , ive just finished Tuning a LS3 Combo with a LS1 04 PCM