Thread: Burst knock retard settings for a positive displacement blower

Advanced Tuner

Burst knock retard settings for a positive displacement blower

Hi fellas,

Wondering if anyone has any majic sauce they are willing to share for the burst knock retard settings. Especially as it relates to a PD blower. I know that a lot of people zero them out. Which is what I did. But I'm getting some pretty nasty KR on some hard shifts...especially when I shift hard from 2nd to 3rd gear. It really is hurting my times at the track...and my fun on the street. I'm now wondering if re-activiating burst knock might be a good thing. These PD blower hit the engine with so much boost so quickly on shifts that a brief little millisecond timing pull (which is what I understand BKR is?) might be a good thing to absorb that boost hit without activating the big KR pulls.

Is my thinking off here? Anyone played with this and have some settings they are willing to share? I was thinking of using the stock ZL1 settings as a start point...
    2010 Camaro LS3
    Kenne Bell 2.8 Supercharger
    BTR stage 3 PDS Torque Cam
    Frankenstein M311 heads
    9:1 forged rotating assembly
    Speed Engineering Headers
    ID1000 Injectors
    Twin return fuel fuel pump
    PLX Wideband
    HP Tuners

Advanced Tuner
    I fought knock quite a bit for awhile and got it pretty dialed in over the last few months. when I originally got it professionally tuned the tuner zeroed out all the burst knock setting and I have since re-enabled it and messed with it until I was happy. I really didn't have too much of an issue with BK other than when I would stab the throttle from a cruise to WOT...I really didn't even fight it from a dig. now regular knock, I fought the hell out of that.

here are some screenshots of my settings. take it for what it is...I am by no means a pro, but I also don't fight knock at 15 lbs of boost.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2010 CTS-V A6, Airaid CAI, 2.4 pulley, ported ls7 throttle body, ID850s, ARH 1-7/8" headers and X pipe, TR7IX plugs, MSD wires, Elite catch can, ZL1 lid and Track Attack HX