Thread: confused about speed density tuning issues

confused about speed density tuning issues

Things to my knowledge that are turned off in the tune:
    LTFT, STFT, COT turned off, MAF failed, PE tuned out, multiplier VE table at 1, deceleration full cut off tuned out.

I would now believe that the only table affecting fueling would be the VE table but changes to the VE appear not to lead to stable corrections. All changes are made under hot engine conditions and it seems that at times the same cell value can lead to lean and rich conditions.

My question here is that VE is affected by, load (vacuum) , RPM and, throttle so how can an accurate primary VE table be achieved due to the fact that throttle conditions are an undocumented variable in the tuning process?

tune and short log attached

heartmann running k10 base tune enhanced.hptlean run.hpl

Set all 3 of your MAF dtc's to first error that way it will for sure be in speed density. If you tossed the MAF do you have a seperate IAT sensor?

How are you currently trying to tune your VE?

Do you have a wideband hooked up to help you tune?

Based on that log I can't see what the real time AFR is, maybe you are still using 2.24??

It's easy to make the VE table correct if you are using a AFR error with a wideband.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Using the 1 Bar SD OS Tune, wired in a IAT sensor (installed in intake behind the air filter. Does read the correct temp).
    Tuning the VE with wideband. It is wired through the EGR Pin (blue 55 hut hut hike!) and the calculations are correct.

Potential Tuner
    Set all 3 of your MAF dtc's to first error that way it will for sure be in speed density.
    So these should actually be set to report an error? And then if so the computer will always throw those codes?

You can just disable the SES light. If you aren't using a MAF sensor at all you should set them to first error.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

No MAF being used at all. But I am running the 1 bar speed density operating system which only allows for speed density.