Thread: What needs to be changed in the maf scan config from gen3 to 4

Advanced Tuner

What needs to be changed in the maf scan config from gen3 to 4

I'm fixing to start tuning my 07 Sierra 1500 and it will be the first gen 4 I have played with. None of my gen 3 config files work for the gen 4 truck. I'm also still using version 2.23
    Last edited by bigfatls6; 07-31-2016 at 07:40 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I would say you need to flash the truck and look to see what kind of table it has built in and go from there.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Tundramaro View Post
    I would say you need to flash the truck and look to see what kind of table it has built in and go from there.
    The truck has been tuned before as it already had an after market cam, Header, and stall in it when I got it. All of the part throttle stuff is close but the WOT in PE is rich. Im doing a lot of reading now and looking for a good 4th gen tuning guide for both VVE and MAf.
    1993 reef blue Mustang coupe
    Ls1 conversion
    1 7/8 cooks headers
    AFR 205 heads
    Fast 92/92 intake
    PAT G./ EPS Custom cam 230/234 .600”/.602” 112LSA +2 advance
    century Built 4l60e with Circle D 3500 converter
    4.11 gears

Tuning fueling is no different than it is on gen 3's.. You might have to add the correct parameters that work for that model, make the graphs row/column headers match what's used in that tune.. but that's it. The basics are 100% the same.

Here's a whole bunch of threads, some of which cover getting started with VVE graph setup. The only other thing you have to do with VVE vehicles is to make sure you hit calculate coefficients after you're done making changes to the VVE table in virtual VE editor.

Then copy that entire table, change "VE Mode" (In VVE editor) to Manifold switch open, paste the new table in, and hit calculate coefficients again.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...tarted-Threads
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock